cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card details to order

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi im struggling to order a phone from the website with my card... its a maestro card and yet i cant use it and im unsure of what to do as im wanting to order a phone but it wont let me continue with this card type

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you look at the shop site it says they accept visa,MasterCard and Amex it doesn't mention maestro

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community.

Is there an o2 shop within easy traveling distance from you? If so i would go in and organise your contract.

You will need proof of id such as passport or photo driving licence plus a utility bill in your own name.
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once all done you would also collect your phone there and then.

If you didn't want a refresh contract you could also try carphone warehouse as they sell o2 non refresh contracts.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

okaii thanks will i still be able to get a contract then if i do that instead?

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Subject to passing o2's credit check then yes should be fine.
Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I am not sure why you were having problems with that card...It may well be that the website was refusing transactions after midnight which has happened before at the weekend after midnight.

I suppose you could try again this morning and if you are still;having problems... then do as piperdog says and go into your local O2 shop...

Hope you get it sorted wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you look at the shop site it says they accept visa,MasterCard and Amex it doesn't mention maestro
Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I did wonder about that Damien...but when I tried the site myself last night, that info wasn't shown...

....thats why I thought it may have been closed to online transactions as it was gone midnight...

I know there are some places that are wary about some cards...but Maestro is a pretty common one?

Having said that...my HSBC card used to be Maestro but a couple of years ago they changed to Visa Debit..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They stopped accepting Switch and Maestro cards around 12-18 months ago. Most banks had stopped issuing them now and will readily exchange them for visa debit cards.

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

They stopped accepting Switch and Maestro cards around 12-18 months ago. Most banks had stopped issuing them now and will readily exchange them for visa debit cards.

Thats obviously why mine was replaced by Visa then @jonsie ....

So really the OP should get their card changed asap....as they will have no luck instore if trying to use it there...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14