cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capping call charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am thinking of getting my daughter a phone on contract and wondered if O2 have a facility to cap the calls to the included minutes, similar to Tescos "Capping" ?
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Still available online http://shop.tescomobile.com/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/samsung/galaxy+siii?deal=11389
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No, not offered at the moment although has been suggested previously....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions
You could get a tariff with unlimited minutes. Would not stop charges to 0800/0845 numbers etc though.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If its a concern already then possibly a PAYG account could be more appropiate.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you like the o2 network you could also try tescomobile as they do offer caps on contracts
Message 5 of 16

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Although caps on calls is not available on O2 yet, some phones have parental controls and call blocking facilities which may offer some help
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it's just my way of looking at it but if they can't be trusted not to run up a huge bill why get them a contract phone
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe it's just my way of looking at it but if they can't be trusted not to run up a huge bill why get them a contract phone

I agree

Unlimited mins/texts would be good 

Does she use internet a lot?

If so, 1gb might not be enough but there are data bolt ons available

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
she is very good in keeping her usage low, the concern is in case she accidentally fails to terminate the call / phone gets "borrowed" . most of her data will be WiFi. reason for contract is that by the time you deduct the cost of a new phone, the tariff is negligible. currently on giffgaff
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The cost is definitely an attraction, as you say.
Would Tesco not be suitable or does she want "O2-UK" on the screen slight_smile ?
The "MY O2" app is excellent at tracking usage and a PIN lock can be put on the phone to prevent "borrowing".
If you are looking at an Android phone the top of the screen will glow green if you don't end a call properly so is easy to see if you've not hung up.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16