cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling contract / unwanted subscription?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, here's the deal, my brother's phone bill is on me, so I pay for it. Recently I discovered the 'things you bought' charge (last month) of £2 a day. I contacted customer service wether they can stop it, cancel it, block it, whatever. They said simple 'no'. Obviously, he subscribed to service he shouldn't have. He says he hasnt given his number on any websites, whatsoever.  Basically, there's no way I could cancel it. That really surprises me to be honest (would changing a phone number help? Why can't o2 just block it, they're responsible for charges and such), but whatever. 

At the moment it'd be cheaper for me to cancel my contract and pay all the fees. My only concern is the '30 day rolling contract'. Is there any way I could just stop the contract the same day and pay all the fees? I don't want to pay those £2 a day, I can't really o afford that.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Ask CS to change the phone number on the account which will stop it dead in it's tracks.

They would still have to pay until September for the balance.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Ask CS to change the phone number on the account which will stop it dead in it's tracks.

They would still have to pay until September for the balance.

Yes...but it would stop the premium number costs. All he would do is keep the same contract but with a different number?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No need to cancel if you change the number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank guys, I'll try changing the number and see how that goes! slight_smile

because if I can get rid of that without cancelling the contract I'll be more than happy! I'll update you when I find out if it worked and such.

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

because if I can get rid of that without cancelling the contract I'll be more than happy! I'll update you when I find out if it worked and such.

Best of luck. You should have no problem...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the simplest way.  Different number and you can't be billed.  Just be aware that this could happen again though so you need to be vigilant. 

Message 18 of 18