cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling 0845 numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm on the o2 unlimited contract, but not sure if my contract includes calling 0845 numbers.

If if doesn't, do you know how much it will cost to call a 0845 number?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Not sure how they work with contracts or if at all.

But here is a list of prices : Special Numbers

Samsung S8

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Pickles
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Not sure how they work with contracts or if at all.

But here is a list of prices : Special Numbers

Samsung S8
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Is the O2 Unlimited a Pay and Go contract? If so, here are the charges:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/lightbox?category=pagDetails&tariffId=465190&js=no

If you have access to a landline, you might want to take a look at this site:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

You can usually find alternative numbers to most numbers beginning with 08, many of which are free 0800 numbers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 11

Pickles
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

You are welcome slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
0845 numbers
I wonder if 02 is able to build a forwarding service so that when you call a 0845 number your call us automatically diverted to the non fee paying numbers. Seems plausible. It's probably technically feasible. And I wouldn't think that it's financially prohibitive.( unless you count the millions they'd loose in call charges). The 0845, 0300 ect systems works that way, you call the number and you get automatically diverted to one of the phone numbers at the call centre, doctors surgery ect that you are trying to contact. It's basically money grubbing behaviour of the lowest order and all the telecommunications companies are in on it, the government even has had some strong words to say about it. Hey ho
Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Interesting viewpoint.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been charged £18 for 0845 number absolutely rip off. Defo going back to virgin when contract ends I got 0845 numbers included
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Been charged £18 for 0845 number absolutely rip off. Defo going back to virgin when contract ends I got 0845 numbers included

084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers
Numbers beginning 084 and 087 are general service numbers for contacting organisations.

Numbers beginning 09 are premium rate service numbers.

Numbers beginning 118 are directory enquiry numbers.

On 1 July 2015, the cost of calling these numbers was split into two parts:

• The access charge - this is what we charge you, per minute, for connecting the call. You can find your access charge by looking at your O2 bill or checking your tariff. You can use My O2 to access your free online bill.
  • The service charge - this is the charge for the rest of the call. The organisation you’re calling decides the service charge and must make you aware. For example, if the service charge was 20p per minute, the organisation you’re calling might say "Calls cost 20p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge".

By adding together the access charge and the service charge, you’ll know exactly what the call will cost you.

Find out more
These charges apply across every landline and mobile phone – not just your O2 phone.

To find out more, visit ukcalling.info.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

and from virgin mobile website:

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

Calls to service numbers: The way you’re charged for calling numbers beginning 084, 087, 118 and 09 has changed. The cost of calling these numbers will be formed of a combined access and service charge: we set the access charge and the company you’re phoning set the service charge. Your access charge for these numbers will be shown on your bill and is currently 45p per minute. The service charge will be advertised by the company that you are calling. If any of these numbers are included in your bundle you will not be charged the access or service charge.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11