cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bolt ons and prices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Im intersted in adding a bolt on but im not fully aware on how they affectthe prices. for example if i buy a £10 bolt on with my £10 tarrif, will that be £20 a month? and if my existing tarrif has 500mb data, will a 500mb bolt on make that 1gb a month? sorry if its a stupid question, im just a little confused slight_frown

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

If you add a bolt on then those bolt on allowances will only be used when your normal monthly allowances have been used. So for example if you have 500mb in your normal monthly tariff ,and say have 100mb data left in it and then add a bolt on with other 500mb of data via a bolt on.

That bolt on with 500mb of data will auto start when the last 100mb out of your normal 500mb has been exhausted. Or if you've completely run out and add the bolt on it will just auto start.

Be aware that any bolt on allowances don't roll over into the next month. They last 30 days.

So when your normal anniversary date refreshes your monthly allowances ,the bolt on allowances become dormant ,and can be lost if you don't use them all up which is why it's not recommended to add a bolt on near your normal refresh date.

Use wifi instead for example if your low on data for example.

The bolt ons have a refresh anniversary date too although they can be removed if you wish via your Myo2 to stop that happening and another £10 been taken.

For example I'm on Payg.

When my bolt on is close to it's anniversary date I get a text from O2 saying I need £10 by such a date to pay for the next bolt on or if required cancel it by such a date to stop it happening.

As a Payg customer if I don't add more data via a bolt on I run the risk of being charged £1 per day for 50mb of data called Web Daily ,or I can turn mobile data off in my phones settings ,and use wifi until my next anniversary date.

A contract customers data usage just stops and they are not charged the £1 web daily ,and use wifi until their refresh date or add a bolt on.

Web daily and Bolt on Link explanation : http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

If you add a bolt on then those bolt on allowances will only be used when your normal monthly allowances have been used. So for example if you have 500mb in your normal monthly tariff ,and say have 100mb data left in it and then add a bolt on with other 500mb of data via a bolt on.

That bolt on with 500mb of data will auto start when the last 100mb out of your normal 500mb has been exhausted. Or if you've completely run out and add the bolt on it will just auto start.

Be aware that any bolt on allowances don't roll over into the next month. They last 30 days.

So when your normal anniversary date refreshes your monthly allowances ,the bolt on allowances become dormant ,and can be lost if you don't use them all up which is why it's not recommended to add a bolt on near your normal refresh date.

Use wifi instead for example if your low on data for example.

The bolt ons have a refresh anniversary date too although they can be removed if you wish via your Myo2 to stop that happening and another £10 been taken.

For example I'm on Payg.

When my bolt on is close to it's anniversary date I get a text from O2 saying I need £10 by such a date to pay for the next bolt on or if required cancel it by such a date to stop it happening.

As a Payg customer if I don't add more data via a bolt on I run the risk of being charged £1 per day for 50mb of data called Web Daily ,or I can turn mobile data off in my phones settings ,and use wifi until my next anniversary date.

A contract customers data usage just stops and they are not charged the £1 web daily ,and use wifi until their refresh date or add a bolt on.

Web daily and Bolt on Link explanation : http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi. Im intersted in adding a bolt on but im not fully aware on how they affectthe prices. for example if i buy a £10 bolt on with my £10 tarrif, will that be £20 a month? and if my existing tarrif has 500mb data, will a 500mb bolt on make that 1gb a month? sorry if its a stupid question, im just a little confused slight_frown

Hi.....

Yes to both questions..... slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh i see, thank you slight_smile

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
No probs slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I felt the need to 'waffle'

wink
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
You are the greatest at it wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry I felt the need to 'waffle'

wink

Gold medal for waffling goes to.....:smileywink:

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I started off not waffling ~ honest !
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

LOL

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12