cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing date

Anonymous
Not applicable

goodmorning all this is my second month of my contract and signal service price is great but the only problem is they take payment on the 30th and i really need it to be the 7th every month due to pay going in. would it be possible to change and how please Bouncy thanks graham

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just call 202 and ask them to change the billing date to a more convenient one for yourself. Some banks may not allow certain dates such as beginning or end of the month.

O2 will do their best to accommodate you but bear in mind you need to allow 6 working days before the next billing date and you will get an adjusted bill for the first month.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just call 202 and ask them to change the billing date to a more convenient one for yourself. Some banks may not allow certain dates such as beginning or end of the month.

O2 will do their best to accommodate you but bear in mind you need to allow 6 working days before the next billing date and you will get an adjusted bill for the first month.

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

You can change yout billing date by contacting customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus or by going into your account in MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Really? I've never heard of banks limiting dates payment can come out - especially at the start or end of the month as this is when most people get paid and would want their payments going out.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Never had a problem with specifying any date with my bank, but I guess they may not all be the same?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would guess @jonsie has experience of this as he works for a certain well known UK bank. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I still work at a bank...believe or not...personally I could care less!

I can't imagine it's a big feature of your life now! Dance

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I still work at a bank...believe or not...personally I could care less!

I can't imagine it's a big feature of your life now! Dance

Too right @perksie you know you give your time and advice and some people always know better. Good luck to them if they want the 1st or 31st, not sure I give a damn right now wink

Message 9 of 9