cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad signal since friday

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since Friday i have had a bad signal on my phone..text message wont go, calls drop or wont even connect.I have rebooted and checked network coverage. Any suggestions. My phone is only 1 month old

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try turning your phone off, remove the sim and clean it, re insert and turn back on again.

Check these tips http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

And check your masts again here http://status.o2.co.uk

Do they report as good ?

Check the planned maintenance tab at the bottom of it too.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

what handset do you have?

If possible try another sim in your handset so you know if it is a sim or handset issue. Alternatively try another working sim card in your handset.

try turning Airplane mode on then off again. Also you could try hard reset by taking the battery and sim out whilst handset is on, leaving it 10 seconds and then putting it back together and turn on.

Good luck

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144286 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Also you could try hard reset by taking the battery and sim out whilst handset is on, leaving it 10 seconds and then putting it back together and turn on.

Whilst this is a recommended course of action for older Blackberry devices I would strongly advise against doing it on an Android device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i ask why you feel it is not recommended on an Android device?

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also you could try hard reset by taking the battery and sim out whilst handset is on, leaving it 10 seconds and then putting it back together and turn on.

Whilst this is a recommended course of action for older Blackberry devices I would strongly advise against doing it on an Android device.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144286 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It is the equivalent of pulling the plug out of a windows pc - It will just generate loads of .tmp files that will fill up the cache.
On phones without unified storage it will mean the already limited app storage space will fill up giving "not enough space errors"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that's something I didn't know.....thanks for the info!
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144286 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
No worries mate....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have taken sim out cleaned etc

reset phone

checked mast

checked for any maintenance in my area

I still have the problem?

Anything else

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous