cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst service ever!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I decided to go from pay monthly to PAYG, the lady on the other end of the phone made it sound all very simple. She said to expect my new O2 Sim card in the post today and said that everything would be swapped over as soon as the Sim card had been received and popped into my phone. The only problem is, my current contract has now been disconnected, however this brand new shiny Sim card has yet to be received. So i contacted customer service using the online chat to be told that it would take between 2-4 hours to reconnect my phone. Ok i said, yes it would be inconvinient waiting this long but as long as my phone was reconnected within this time then so be it. So for the next 4 hours i switched my phone on and off several times to see if this has been sorted. Imagine my dismay when after 4 hours I am still without a phone. So I pop back on to the chat to be told that it would take up to 24 hours to rectify. I inform my 'helpful advsior' that I hadn't been informed it would be 24 hours but it would be 2-4 hours and that due to having a newborn baby my phone needed to be reconnected right away. So the 'helpful advisor' told me that this was the time limit and the chat disconnected. This in itself has made my blood boil. Not only have I had my phone disconnected, which I will be expected to pay for come my final bill but now I have to open another chat and inform yet another advisor of the situation!! Again I got told 24 hours, not good enough I say. The dear advisor then escalates it to their supervisor, who sends a message through to fast track.The dear advisor takes my email and says that they will track the reconnection and email me when this has been done. I won't hold my breath that I will get such and email, nor will I hold it that my phone will be reconnected before the clock turns midnight.

What I do know is that as soon as the Sim card hits my door mat tomorrow it will be going straight in the bin, as first thing tomorrow morning I will be popping in to my local carphone warehouse to find another provider that can actually offer me a service whereby they don't disconnect my phone without me having another Sim card to use and can actually reconnect my phone should they be that incompetent, without it taking a week to do so and countless online chats, because I do not have a phone to personally phone O2 up and tell them how crap they are verbally!!!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143470 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can call this number from any phone to let them know your thoughts if you wish 0344 8090202
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 39

jonsie
  • 92930 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you do decide to go to another provider you will still need to get the sim and number transferred to the sim if you wish to retain your mobile number. Then you would need to contact customer service to ask for your PAC to give to the new provider. If you don't want to keep the number then it won't be a problem as long as your phone is unlocked to any network.

Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would but only phone I have is the one that they have disconnected. I was only able to contact them as I have broadband but we dont have a phone connected to the landline
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will no doubt get a new Sim and have it set up before the O2 one even arrives. The number doesn't bother me, I would rather just go out and get a new Sim with a new number than have the misfortune of having to deal with O2 again
Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that, I agree that their change over service is shocking. I for one experienced a terrible time with them in which I waited 3 days.... 😞
Message 6 of 39

jonsie
  • 92930 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's fair enough and no one would blame you. I find it strange that they disconnect your number before the new sim arrives. As you're on P&G now find the network that gives you the best coverage in your home and normal travelling areas. I am presuming your phone is unlocked.

Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't feel as bad knowing both of your situations, atleast mine hasn't been that long but I just don't understand why when faced with a customer problem that is their fault, they skip over it and leave customers either fighting for answers or wondering whether or not advisors are actually trained to give customers a decent service.
Message 8 of 39

MI5
  • 143470 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's the problem with live chat unfortunately. They work from a script and if your problem doesn't fit exactly they get confused.... the worst ones will even make up an answer to make you feel better 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 39

jonsie
  • 92930 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They are fine for low level enquiries but totally inadequate for account and connection related problems. Being outsourced makes it difficult as they don't have full access to the O2 systems and invariably have to refer you to calling customer service. Difficult if you have no phone....

Message 10 of 39