cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst service ever!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I decided to go from pay monthly to PAYG, the lady on the other end of the phone made it sound all very simple. She said to expect my new O2 Sim card in the post today and said that everything would be swapped over as soon as the Sim card had been received and popped into my phone. The only problem is, my current contract has now been disconnected, however this brand new shiny Sim card has yet to be received. So i contacted customer service using the online chat to be told that it would take between 2-4 hours to reconnect my phone. Ok i said, yes it would be inconvinient waiting this long but as long as my phone was reconnected within this time then so be it. So for the next 4 hours i switched my phone on and off several times to see if this has been sorted. Imagine my dismay when after 4 hours I am still without a phone. So I pop back on to the chat to be told that it would take up to 24 hours to rectify. I inform my 'helpful advsior' that I hadn't been informed it would be 24 hours but it would be 2-4 hours and that due to having a newborn baby my phone needed to be reconnected right away. So the 'helpful advisor' told me that this was the time limit and the chat disconnected. This in itself has made my blood boil. Not only have I had my phone disconnected, which I will be expected to pay for come my final bill but now I have to open another chat and inform yet another advisor of the situation!! Again I got told 24 hours, not good enough I say. The dear advisor then escalates it to their supervisor, who sends a message through to fast track.The dear advisor takes my email and says that they will track the reconnection and email me when this has been done. I won't hold my breath that I will get such and email, nor will I hold it that my phone will be reconnected before the clock turns midnight.

What I do know is that as soon as the Sim card hits my door mat tomorrow it will be going straight in the bin, as first thing tomorrow morning I will be popping in to my local carphone warehouse to find another provider that can actually offer me a service whereby they don't disconnect my phone without me having another Sim card to use and can actually reconnect my phone should they be that incompetent, without it taking a week to do so and countless online chats, because I do not have a phone to personally phone O2 up and tell them how crap they are verbally!!!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 31 of 39

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have any proof as such.

Whether it was by phone or Live Chat, there is a record. If they quibble then request a copy of the communication.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 32 of 39

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 33 of 39

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It was verbal instore so no record exists unfortunately.

The original wrong advice but subsequently :

"Two nights ago I went on the Guru Chat Line online and was told I'd have to take out a new sim. I didn't understand why so last night I phoned O2 themselves and was told I wouldn't be able to change the name until I took out a new contract. I explained the situation and that I had just taken out a new contract under the guidance that a name change would be 'simple' particularly as the direct debit is mine, not my mother's. The advisor response was 'you've been given false information"

Message 34 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

To clarify - it was both. In store and by phone.

Message 35 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was also a live chat conversation. Sorry to cause confusion. I was messaging at work and obvioiusly not multitasking well! I have tried every avenue with this issue.

I also went into the O2 shop last night too and was told there would be nothing that could be done but my mother could put a password on the account so that if I need to phone up for whatever reason, all I have to do is quote the password and the advisors will speak to me rather than having to speak to my mother in the first instance.

Message 36 of 39

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

You've already been given wrong advice by O2 so why believe what the shop has now told you is correct ?

Pursue it as advised.

Message 37 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Beenherebefore. I will do. If I'm honest I'm at the stage now where I don't believe it will make any difference unfortunately.

Message 38 of 39

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Keep us notified please.

Message 39 of 39