cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi hotspot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the past few days I've upgraded from Pay & Go SIM only, to Pay Monthly 30 days with 100MB data then to Pay Monthly 30 days with 500MB data. I did all of this because I wanted to set up my Blackberry Curve 9300 as a WiFi hotspot, and I did so after taking advice from the live chat support service who told me that I could not get this on Pay & Go. I upgraded to the minimum Pay Monthly tariff then found out that I could not get it on that because I needed to have 500MB of data per month. I've finally got the most recent SIM working after much hassle only to find that I CAN'T use my device as a WiFi hotspot - I can only use it as a modem. Sick of it all now and don't need to be paying £15 a month for 500MB of data and 500 minutes of calls as I rarely use my phone! I just wanted to be able to use the WiFi hotspot with my iPad mini on the rare occasion when I'm out and about and need to get online. How do I get out of this situation? Help please.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have found a thread on the BB forum ( that is very very similar to ours?)that says it cant be done slight_frown the phone cant take more than BB OSv6... so if they r right it cant be done...Sad

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/curve-9300-as-wifi-hotspot/m-p/1710625#M160285

Yes this is the thread that I found yesterday slight_smile

Message 21 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, unfortunately as we had already said, it isn't possible with your phone.
Good excuse to upgrade phone though slight_smile ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for your help slight_smile

Message 23 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A good discussion thread.

Hopefully the content has helped.

😊
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I have a later bb curve that's why it was confusing me how can I do it and u can't? then noticed on the BB website that the software updates for the 9300 were just v5/v6 and then did a search and found the link :smileysad:...  new phone?

Message 26 of 26