cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why upgrade?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi People

Why upgrade? I have been with 02 for 4 years now, this is my second contract. 

I was just wondering why upgrade when NEW contracts seems to get better deals and other networks

have the same phone/usage deals for much less monthly charge??

I thought 02 would have wantedto keep my business by offering better.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stay with O2 but for upgrades I strongly suggest Carphonewarehouse they have the best deals going. Upgrading or buying directly from O2 is so expensive
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  Welcome to the forum slight_smile

The choice is yours though. With me I took out a sim only deal when my 2 year contract finished. I was lucky enough to have the funds to buy my phone outright. The sim only tariff Simplicity is great and costs me £10 less a month than before....The one thing about O2 is ...its the only place you can get Refresh tariff

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

Or you could search the shop and find something to suit you

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/all-tariffs/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Stay with O2 but for upgrades I strongly suggest Carphonewarehouse they have the best deals going. Upgrading or buying directly from O2 is so expensive

CPW do not have the Refresh deal though......Yes I agree some tariffs are cheaper but it depends on what you want from a deal. At the end of the day the priority is to get a phone that suits and gives you the best network coverage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with carephone warehouse, but when I put my details in there is always an error message. They shoudl sort that out.

Thanks for the advice folks. I will have a look at sim only deals too

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree with carephone warehouse, but when I put my details in there is always an error message. They shoudl sort that out.

Thanks for the advice folks. I will have a look at sim only deals too

Good luck. I have a Note 3 and my sim only deal costs me £20 a month (4gb data)...you can get up to 7GB or 10GB now if you look at the tariffs...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I always buy a phone sim free and then look around at the best sim only deals. Refresh is a good concept for someone wanting to always upgrade to the latest smartphone and it does allow you to walk away from the contract once the handset is paid off. If that's not important to you then definitely shop around as there are much better deals to be had elsewhere.

Coverage should be your main priority though so if going with a other network, try a free pay and go sim first.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sim only deals with O2 are quite good too. I just paid off my contract and will be getting the 30 day rolling sim with 5GB for £28 a month. Brill.
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Sim only deals with O2 are quite good too. I just paid off my contract and will be getting the 30 day rolling sim with 5GB for £28 a month. Brill.

I agree they are good. As I said earlier on the thread I took out a sim only in January Unlimited calls and texts and 4Gb data. All for £20. I did mine for a year though as I wont be swapping my Note 3 anytime soon...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even so with swapping phones I'll be going back to my savvy ways before. So keeping the sim only deal and purchasing the handset outright
Message 10 of 12