cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I access my voicemail?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to check a voicemail on an old number/phone that was sent recently but I have no credit and I'm not topping up just to check a voicemail.

I set up the voicemail ages ago when I was using the phone and chose my own pin, today when I used my landline and my current phone to access my old voicemail by presssing the * button it tells me:

"To keep your mailbox secure you must change your pin, if you are calling from another number please re-dial from your number."

So then I decided to reset my pin number which you can do for free by texting reset to some number, did that, got a new pin number but then the same thing happens.

"To keep your mailbox secure you must change your pin, if you are calling from another number please re-dial from your number."

I have changed my damn pin! Twice. I can't even borrow a quid, the option doesn't come up anymore when I call 4444, have they removed it?

What do I do?!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The only thing I can think of is that it might take a while for the system to register the pin change...?
You can always try Live Chat which is free
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
The same kind of thing happened to my partner.

She had no credit and when she changed her pin to access her voicemail by landline she then had to top up anyway to complete the task !

As said if it's important to
Listen to your going to have to top up by a minimum of £10.

If that account is no longer important after listening to the voicemail you can move that remaining credit to another O2 payg or contract account in your name ,but then that account will close.
Message 4 of 4