cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I get a call I cant hear them

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I recently started getting it where I would receive a call and when I answer I cant hear them this went on for a week so after trying many things I gave up and went for an upgrade so I went from a Samsung Note3 to an iphone 6s plus but its doing the exact same thing also my Mrs is having the same issue on her iphone 5 which makes me think this isnt a phone issue.

Has anyone else had this recently?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
You can report it through the My Network app too http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
Can you find out if others are having the same issue and get them to report it as it will add weight to the issue?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
If it's always in the same area it could well be a network issue http://status.o2.co.uk/
Try it in a different area to rule it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

says its ok I logged a report its just making my life really hard as its my work phone and the partners work phone tugo works fine but calls dont always come through on that 

Message 3 of 18

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It definitely sounds like a network issue. Must be something in the air at the moment, my area shows OK but can only get G instead of 4G and got a text from my son saying a call went straight to voicemail.

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
You can report it through the My Network app too http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
Can you find out if others are having the same issue and get them to report it as it will add weight to the issue?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

my other half has it and il get my old dear to report it aswell as I think she might be having issues but not being a technical person she doesnt always know if its and issue or bad coverage.

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

she doesnt always know if its and issue or bad coverage.

It could be either, or both.

Best to report it for the network team to investigate it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Welcome to the forums! Please keep us updated about your issue. 

Cheers! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

now out going calls are in and out

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
Has to be network issue - keep your eye on status page for any updates.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18