cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wet phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my iPhone wet! I've tried the rice etc and the phone works... But won't charge... Does anyone know how long phone under warranty for and who I have to go to... O2... Or Apple??? Thank you
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community. slight_smile

Although a lot of people suggest using the rice in a warm place, I personally haven't had any success stories with it.

It is great that the phone still works, however if it won't charge then maybe the water has gone too far in the phone and will continue to move around your phone, making it rust and one day the phone will just die completely. 

If you look in the bit where the charger goes, is it a pink colour?

Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
As previously mentioned. Leave in a bag of rice over the weekend. Pray to the good of the mobile phone 'androidius' and wait.

The good news is it turn on so the battery is good. The bad news is it won't charge which means something in there to do with the charging circuit is wet still (or fried already as you've connected the charger)

Needless to say electricity and water aren't the most friendly of pals when together (been arrested a few times the little scamps!) So be CAREFUL!
Message 13 of 13