cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to cancel my monthly SIM only

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the SIM the previous day, my phone won't accept it so I want to cancel it, simple as. It's been taken fully out of packeging and used once, but I'm assuming it can still be cancelled since it hasn't been 14 days, right? 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes you can cancel. Call customer service and return it with the label they should have sent you. Why won't the phone accept it? Is it locked to another network? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes you can cancel. Call customer service and return it with the label they should have sent you. Why won't the phone accept it? Is it locked to another network? 

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes you can cancel within 14 days regardless.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take my advice, if you phone O2 customer service, record all of the call on your phone and save the file for posterity.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can't record phone calls without the other parties permission and O2 don't allow this to happen.
If you start to record a call CS will just hang up on you.
I know why you are advising this but it just simply won't work I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
For your own personal use, it is not illegal to record a phone call without the permission of the other party.

What is illegal is then to make that recording available to a 3rd party even if that 3rd party is a court of law.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Pointless then and CS will still hang up if you start recording the call.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
How would they know ?
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You get a beep on the line.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Not in my experiences if you start recording before the destination party answers. I usually start recording before I dial the number.

If you start recording after the line connects then I agree. So for an incoming call it is almost impossible to start recording without the caller knowing.....there are ways but they would not be economical for the few occasions that it's required.

Message 10 of 10