cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE ARE O2 AND WE LOVE TO RIP OFF OUR CUSTOMERS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my name is o2 and this is the story of a customer who has been with us for over 10 years.

The customer is currently on a 600min/300 o2 to o2 deal with unlimited text and 1gb of data.

The customer was approaching their allocated data allowance so we kindly sent them a text message warning them.

what we didn’t tell the customer was that they had nearly used all their allocated minutes allowance. the customer went on unknowingly and racked up £100 worth of calls in the last 7 days of the monthly tariff.

We are not compassionate, we don’t care and the customer had to pay us.

we have no plans to introduce this text message service to other customers because we want everyone to make this mistake after all, if a customer goes over their data, we don’t get as much money than if they go over their monthly call allowance.

Lots of love

Money grabbing corporate crap

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new OP in this thread must take responsibility for their actions. O2 Have not forced them to use the data. There are various tools available to measure data.

If the new OP has gone over the allowance then they should expect to be charged. I am sorry but I cannot see how o2 are ripping off in this case.

If the new OP goes over their allowances then perhaps a change of tariff would be in order?
Message 21 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It can't be data as usage is stopped so it must be going over the minutes allowance or dialling numbers not covered by their allowance. As you rightly say it's down to user error rather than any devious charges by O2. Customers have to take responsibility for their own usage. It's not difficult or complicated in any way.

Title amended!

Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the new OP has been calling numbers beginning 08? These are generally not part of inclusive minutes (this includes 0800 which currently are NOT free with o2 although this should change next year).

Either that or perhaps they have been abroad and used their phone to make and receive calls?
Message 23 of 32

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes , it's difficult to advise unless @Anonymous comes back and clarifies exactly what the charges are for.

Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree, just happened to me and O2 didn't care at all 

Message 25 of 32

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You mean you too went over your call allowance?

Message 26 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure they should care, it's your phone and contract, it has to be down to you if you generate excess use.

I have the O2 app and I know exactly how much I have used, so you have to accept responsibility here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 27 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Really amazing in this day and age how the blame seems to lie with O2 ...as opposed to the individual  slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

other phone companies warn you when you are near your limit..just decent customer service is sometimes missing and you don't know the context ....

Message 29 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

You are correct....we don't know your individual circumstances as you didn't explain in your first post.

None of us are being flippant here but just stating a fact. O2 take the stance that customers as adults should take responsibility for their own usage, but still give plenty of ways to monitor it.
Use the MyO2 app

Send a blank text to 21202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 32