cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Callback issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly I hope I am able to explain this properly as O2 Customer Service couldn't quite grasp my issue.

I use O2 Voicemail and have it set up for when I fail to answer a call, reject an incoming call, or I am unreachable normally due to no signal.

If somebody leaves me a message then my Voicemail has been set up to ring me back normally up to 3 times.  If I don't answer the ringback or reject it 3 times then I am sent a txt message notification.

This all seems fine in theory but there is a problem.  If the Voicemail calls me back and I am not free then I don't anwer it or I reject the call.  What this seems to do is put Voicemail through to Voicemail.  It ends up talking to itself. 

The result is when I finally get around to calling up to listen to my message, there are 4 messages.  1 new message which is a recording of the voicemail menu options etc caused by the ringback, then 3 saved messages, 2 being more recording of voicemail prompts after the further two callbacks and then the last saved message being the actual message left by my missed caller.

This is proving to be a real pain and I am sure it's not something I have always had.  But all O2 could tell me was to deactivate the Voicemail and start it again and it's no different to before.  Surely there must be a safe guard against this issue?  Otherwise what's the point of having a Voicemail ringback system.  You're not always going to be able to answer it straight away which means it'll just end up talking to itself and saving pointless and confusing voicemails.

Anyone got this problem and answer to solve it?  I would really appreciate any ideas.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be wrong but I don't think there's a way around it...and it's the first time I've heard of it... Having said that it is not used by a lot of customers so they may have never noticed this.

@Toby , can you look into this and maybe raise it with the team that deals with the voice mails?

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast response.  It'll be interesting to see if anyone else has noticed this problem.

I will wait to see if there is a way around it.  Or I might just have to go back to txt message only notification.

Message 3 of 3