cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT INVOICE

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an 02 pay monthly customer for almost 20 years and always recommended them to friends and family, they have always been friendly, efficient and helpful until now.

On 24 June I rang up and purchased a new phone, memory card and flip case requesting a VAT invoice which I was told would arrive with the phone, as usual my delivery arrived the next day but no VAT invoice.

I have been on live chat 3 times telephoned 3 times and despite being told I would receive a VAT invoice all I get is proof of purchase which does not have a VAT number on so I have not been able to reclaim VAT.

Today I was holding on for 59 minutes only to be told it is not possible to produce a VAT invoice which I find rediculous, I am so disappointed with this that after being a loyal customer for all this time feel like cancelling my contract as I can no longer trust the service I am now receiving from 02.

Can anyone explain why it is not possible to provide a VAT invoice because my monthly invoice has VAT charged to what is the difference ?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Can you not print it out from My O2? All my monthly bills show as a VAT invoice.

Capture 1.PNG

Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can you not just view your bill on line and then take a screen shot and print or save it?  This way you can see the VAT element of your bill

Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I cannot print it out because although I am a pay monthly customer which I made clear at the time and also told them I would need a VAT invoice for some reason they processed my request as a Pre Pay Top-Up do not know why but that is why I am having this problem now.

Message 4 of 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
My May and June bills do not show VAT details... Can I get a VAT invoice for those two months? You'd think it would be easy, but despite several calls and waiting for the promised PAPER VAT invoices in the mail, not a dickie bird.... Still waiting!
Message 5 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 say it's very simple to get a VAT invoice....obviously it's not.

From the support page: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

How do I get a VAT invoice?

Click here and request a VAT invoice via chat

Electronic VAT invoices are free. You may be charged for VAT invoices by post.

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/Static-files/BillRedesign/BillRedesignHtmlDemo/OL_VAT.html

Capture 1.PNG

Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done the request invoice through "chat" 3 times and every time they say will send invoice but it is not an invoice it is proof of order and does not show their VAT number so is to accepted by VAT Office, basically it is done to the language barrier they think it is a VAT invoice they are sending and tell you it is but sadly it is not !!
Message 7 of 33

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm not sure what the problem is here but it is definitely possible to get a VAT invoice as I get sent one every month. the fact that I do not always receive them is the (lack of) responsibility of the Royal Mail whom I have had to make a complaint against as so much mail has been misappropriated.

You should be able to see a pdf copy of your bill though in MyO2 which you can print off but as you have found it doesn't contain the VAT number.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm not sure why either but I remember a thread a while back where someone was having great difficulty in getting a VAT invoice out of O2.
Maybe online chat don't fully understand what VAT is but that's no excuse for UK CS......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

I'm not sure what the problem is here but it is definitely possible to get a VAT invoice as I get sent one every month. the fact that I do not always receive them is the (lack of) responsibility of the Royal Mail whom I have had to make a complaint against as so much mail has been misappropriated.

You should be able to see a pdf copy of your bill though in MyO2 which you can print off but as you have found it doesn't contain the VAT number.

It does now show the vat number as in my screenshot above.

Message 10 of 33