cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to upgrade to iphone 6, so far had to upgrade tarrif, but still no joy ordering phone "keeps stating tariff upgrade needed", is it just i need to wait some sort of confirmation

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

And been awaiting CHAT Response for nearly 50 Mins

Don't use online Live Chat for upgrades please. 

They are generally ok for low level general enquiries. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I would suggest speaking to customer service on 202 or better still go into an O2 HighStreet store so you have a better chance of getting it before Christmas.

edit : just to advise they are closed right now. 

Opening times
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21:00
Saturday 08:00 - 20:00
Sunday 08:00 - 18:00

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't use online Live Chat for upgrades please. 

They are generally ok for low level general enquiries. 

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The online ordering system has been playing up for months, showing phones as in stock when they aren't and then cancelling orders for no reason.....
The only way I would ever contemplating upgrading or buying a phone would be in store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Also, after all that and assuming the phone is sent you still have to deal with UK Mail to deliver it to you..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The online ordering system has been playing up for months, showing phones as in stock when they aren't and then cancelling orders for no reason.....
The only way I would ever contemplating upgrading or buying a phone would be in store.

Exactly ...and with O2's extremely poor record on delivery recently.....instore is the only way to go this near Christmas

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

how long after recieving and activating phone and new sim is the first bill

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You should get all the information through from O2 about your bill and billing info can be found in your MYO2  Or ring O2 on 202 and they will clarify your billing cycle. Payment is always two weeks after your billing date

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The first bill is usually 2 days after activation of the account (not receiving the phone) and the payment is due 14 days after that.
The first bill is always slightly higher than your standard monthly payment as the 2 days + one month in advance are billed at the start of the contract.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10