cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, first time poster here so hopefully this is in the right section if not apologies.

I'm due an upgrade on 29th November and I can pay £85.83 to buy the contract out. Now I've tried calling customer care and using the live chat option to see if customer care are able to roll my contract back and add the remaining months onto a new contract because i'm in desperate need of an upgrade and i'm not really in a position to pay the fee in full right now.

My iPhone 5 screen has cracked and my battery seems faulty - checked apples website with my imei and apparantly its a known fault and I can get it replaced free of charge but they wont do it because of the crack - i'm not looking for an amazing deal or an iPhone 6.. just need a new phone and to continue on with o2 for another 2 years because i've never had a problem with the service it's just i'm sorta desperate right now with getting a new phone because this iphone is driving me insane with the screen and the battery draining so quick.

Can anyone help with advice on this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I should note that customer care and upgrades say that the only way I can upgrade is by paying the fee up front so thats why i'm posting here to see if anyone here can give me some help and advice on this. Thanks again
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Your current damaged iPhone is prob worth £85 to someone on eBay.
Sell it and use the money to go towards an early upgrade mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dunno buddy its really badly damaged. The front camera is exposed, the top part of the phone basically is revealing the inside of the device and the glass is sharp as hell around the area 😕
Message 4 of 8

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Do you have any household or other insurance that would cover a repair, say through a bank account?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I don't see any other war around it to be honest other than buying yourself a cheap phone and putting your sim in that to see out your present contract.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
No insurance i'm afraid.

Is there really no flexibility on this? I'd understand if it was 6-7 months out, but this is just 2 months away and its me signing up for another 2 years so either way theres nothing but financial gain for o2 over this 😕
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You could ask if they will add it to your bill but you'd still need to find the money to pay it all next month....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8