cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade text

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys will try and keep this short

Sent off my 5s to o2 recycle and got the money to upgrade to the iphone 6 but i have no phone to receive the upgrade text code and o2 online live chat say without that text i cant upgrade over the phone or online 😕 any help? thats cant be right surley?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Online, yes that's correct, however instore can bypass that as long as you take id like a passport etc.
If you phone customer services on 0344 8090202 and select upgrades, they may be able to help you further.
Of course if you have another phone of any type you can pop your sim in to receive the text (with help via a sim card adapter)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Online, yes that's correct, however instore can bypass that as long as you take id like a passport etc.
If you phone customer services on 0344 8090202 and select upgrades, they may be able to help you further.
Of course if you have another phone of any type you can pop your sim in to receive the text (with help via a sim card adapter)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would agree and advise to pop into your most local O2 store.

You would need to be ready for a possible wait for the iPhone models too as they are still in limited supply.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Excellent response slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

A really good piece of info @viridis ....there are so many could be in the same situation..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6