cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Scam?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have been called and Text several times now from a company called Buzz uzz O2? The text number looked like it came from O2 88802!

They are calling me about upgrading my phone are they contacted to do this by O2 or is it a scam?

I didn't give any information out when I got the first call and told them to email me - then I received a text asking me to text back and someone would call (as it looked like it was from O2 I text back) the caller then said they were Buzz uzz O2. I have a mobile number for them if it is a scam and you want to report this.

Thanks

Maria

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thank you. I shall do just that Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
My pleasure slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well I just did as suggested @MI5 ...and was pleased to note I didn't have to untick any boxes...as they were already unticked:smileywink:

I will live in hope now then that O2 do NOT pass on any of my details at upgrade time Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You should be safe wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I went into myo2 but the 'my choices' isn't there, where is it now?

i notice your post was from end of June this year so not that long ago, I don't know if o2 have changed or updated the my o2 site since then, could you log in for me please and tell me where the 'my choices' is now? as it is no longer on the left hand side! now we can't even unsubscribe from marketing ourselves.

Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I went into myo2 but the 'my choices' isn't there, where is it now?

i notice your post was from end of June this year so not that long ago, I don't know if o2 have changed or updated the my o2 site since then, could you log in for me please and tell me where the 'my choices' is now?

as it is no longer on the left hand side! now we can't even unsubscribe from marketing ourselves.
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As we are all customers too we have no access to your account.

Please call O2 on 202 pay monthly or 4445 Payg and they will assist.

slight_smile
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, you don't understand, i realise that.

what am i saying is what mi5 just said before to log into 'my choices' in 'myo2' the option 'my choices' is no longer there.. please can someone log in to their own myo2 and tell me where the 'my choices' is now

do you see what i mean? I'm not asking you to log into my account i'm just looking for the 'my choices' bit which is no longer on the left hand side

Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I see.

As I'm Payg I don't think I have the same privileges.

Are you logging in via the app or via the link at the top of the forum page ?
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Log into "My O2" and go to "My Choices" in the left hand side box and un-tick anything you don't want.

where is this now? i went into my o2 and 'my choices' isn't there anymore.. maybe they've updated the site. it's not on the left hand side as you said, can you tell me where it is now?

Message 20 of 24