cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Scam?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have been called and Text several times now from a company called Buzz uzz O2? The text number looked like it came from O2 88802!

They are calling me about upgrading my phone are they contacted to do this by O2 or is it a scam?

I didn't give any information out when I got the first call and told them to email me - then I received a text asking me to text back and someone would call (as it looked like it was from O2 I text back) the caller then said they were Buzz uzz O2. I have a mobile number for them if it is a scam and you want to report this.

Thanks

Maria

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok I see.

As I'm Payg I don't think I have the same privileges.

Are you logging in via the app or via the link at the top of the forum page ?

I have both paygo and pay monthly it's the same thing, there is no 'my choices', I haven't looked at myo2 for like 2 years so i dont know where or what it looked like before, mi5 might be able to shed light on that so i'll await his/her response.

Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure He will be along to help you with this.

It's not in the MYO2 APP and I'm at work so cannot login using the online version located at the top of this forum page.
Message 22 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It would appear that the option has been removed (or well hidden) as I can't find it anymore.
I'd suggest contacting CS for now http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus until we find out where it's gone to.... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Toby 

This page http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/privacy-policy

states:

Marketing communications

If you don't want us or our partner companies to send you relevant offers or marketing information, you can opt out anytime via your PC in My O2, by clicking on the My Choices link in the My Mobile section. These changes can only be made using your PC - you won't be able to see this option if you are accessing My O2 via the app or the mobile website on your phone.

This is no longer correct (or invisible).

Can you find out what the correct process is for editing Marketing preferences now please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 24