cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Failure

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So. I've been trying for the past two days to upgrade my phone through O2 Refresh. Every time I try, it always seems to hit the same error over and over again.

The error lies within the actual checkout/payment page. I get past the details check, the code part, etc. and I get to the part where I enter my card details for upfront payment. You have to select your billing address before you can enter you card details, so I do that. Address is fine, I click the box and the box turns blue (showing that I have successfully selected it). Enter all my card details, get past my bank's 3D check thing.

The page then should go to confirmation or whatever, but instead it simply refreshes itself and then at the top of the form there is a red bar saying that there is an error. Then, where you are supposed to enter your card details, there is another red bar that contains the message:

"Sorry your card payment did not go through. Please select a billing address to retry payment."

When I scroll up again, for some reason the box with my address in it has turned grey. Basically my address has 'unselected' itself, probably messing up the whole form.

I'm seriously annoyed and angry as hell because I've tried the whole form about 20+ times with two different cards, sometimes re-entering my address to make sure it's right. All failed. Talked to about five different customer advisors and all walked me through the whole painful process. Failed with them too.

Every. Single. Time. I get this error. It's driving me insane. I'm pretty sure it's something wrong with the website now. Internet connection is perfect. On both cards I've tried other online purchases are not being rejected.

Is there another way I can get an upgrade, and pay for it and everything without going through this stupid online glitch? If there isn't then O2 please fix this ASAP because it's seriously troublesome as heck.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Call into an O2 shop - You will be done in 10 mins.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm stuck overseas (as in non-EU) right now. My previous phone was stolen. Need a new phone ASAP and also some kind of solution to my hanging contract. O2 Refresh seems straightforward really.
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
OK, so that's a bit more info that we didn't know, and is also the reason why it is failing.
The website will be detecting an overseas ip address and blocking it.
Is there someone in the UK that you can give your details to to upgrade for you? Or call an O2 shop and do it over the phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

To add to MI5's advice unless you can get a family member in the UK to do this for you... then please contact CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Number to phone from abroad +44 3448090202 Free†

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Your only two options I'm afraid. When are you back in the UK as they won't send to an overseas address so it may be better to wait unfortunately. 

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit late, and perhaps a bit naughty but you could have located a UK Proxy and gone through that way.

Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The op could but it wouldn't get over the problem of actually receiving the phone overseas.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

the way round that of course would be get it delivered to home if possible and someone to forward round it.

I shall see about reading posts in full before I respond, might save me talking complete rubbish (then again it might not lol)

Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I shall see about reading posts in full before I respond, might save me talking complete rubbish (then again it might not lol)

It's never stopped me LOL

Message 10 of 19