cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking old iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm looking to sell my iPhone 5S, and obviously they sell higher when they're unlocked and I noticed O2 offer a service to unlock it via an online form. I saw this link and it states "Make sure you enter the mobile number that you bought the phone with, to avoid being charged."

When I got my phone it came with a random number and I had my old number transferred accross (and when I upgraded to my iPhone 6, that number was again transferred across).

So, my question is, what number do I put in the mobile number field? If the answer is the original number it came with, how do I find that out? The SIM in the 5S is now inactive since I upgraded and switched the number to my iPhone 6.

Thanks in advance! slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Community guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Put in the O2 mobile number which you used the iphone with.

So do I put in the number that I transferred over to it? (that is now on the iPhone 6)?

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much! slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

jonsie