cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iphone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently bought old I phone 4 off friend which is locked to O2. At end of her contract she requested phone to be unlocked. Had confirmation e mail today to say the process needs to be completed by adding a non 02 sim and connecting to I tunes. This I have done but there is no link on my I tunes to say what to to next or that it is now unlocked. Does this mean I have to connect to my friends Apple ID and not mine-or am I doing something wrong. Pls help I'm getting frustrated!!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just put a non o2 sim in the phone and connect to iTunes and you should get a pop up message saying it's unlocked or the sim will register on the phone.
You need to use an EE, Three or Voda sim card though and it must be an active sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just put a non o2 sim in the phone and connect to iTunes and you should get a pop up message saying it's unlocked or the sim will register on the phone.
You need to use an EE, Three or Voda sim card though and it must be an active sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
PS, no need to connect to your friends ID - Yours is fine.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
iTunes used to give a congratulations message saying the iPhone is unlocked.

If the alternative network logo is showing up in the status bar your good to go after hooking up to iTunes.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had my Iphone4 unlocked recently.

Once its plugged in and connected to itunes, a pop up appears saying it's unlocked.

Nothing more to do as far as I remember.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Had my Iphone4 unlocked recently.

Once its plugged in and connected to itunes, a pop up appears saying it's unlocked.

Nothing more to do as far as I remember. 

That's all there is to it, usually.......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6