cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlinking accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically i have my own phone contract and i took out a new contract for my partner, received the phone Spoke to 02 and changed the billing date etc. Hes been using it a few days when i realised that my own numbers billing date has also changed - i did not want this to happen! i have then spoken to 02 who say there is no chance of seperating the accounts and that i have to cancel the one account return the phone then take out a new contract in my name! why are 02 not telling us this before we purchase the contracts? Very annoyed
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sounds like you've added a new contract to the original account which unfortunately will mean both bills will be due at the same time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sounds like you've added a new contract to the original account which unfortunately will mean both bills will be due at the same time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way out of this other than cancelling the contract? its within its 14 days.
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well yes you can cancel the contract as it is within 14 days. You could give CS another try on 202 and explain you will be cancelling and see if they are willing to change the payment days...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No. You'll have to cancel and start a completely separate contract.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5