cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlatching Code - Deliberate Delay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see the email below, detailing the unlatching code request and the date it was submitted. After being told that despite this confirmation, the unlatching request was "lost" I have been told that it could take up to a further 7 working days. As you can see I'm out of contract and expected to have the code by now. After calling the support call centre to speak to someone directly, they told me there was nothing they could do. They couldn't escalate my case, because the unlatching team is a "back office" department and not contactable, puh! Quite unbelievable, and I had both the agent and the manager tell me that these problems have been ongoing for some time. Why hasn't this been addressed already for customers in my position who are out of contract?

I fail to see how this is anything other than a ploy to extract money from customer by delaying their migration off the o2 network.

I was very happy with o2 and have been a customer for many years (first through the carphone warehouse, and for the last 2 year contract, directly).

Hi Robert

An unlatching code request has been requested for IMEI 3553100xxxxxxxx

This has been requested from the manufacturer and will be sent as soon 
as we receive it this can take up to 10 working days .

Kind Regards
Back Office Support

Customers name
Robert XXXXXXXXX
Customers mobile number
07812XXXXXX
Customers alternative contact number
07812XXXXXX
Customers email address
robert@xxx.com
IMEI number
3553100xxxxxxxx
Handset manufacturer
Samsung
Handset model
Samsung Galaxy S2
Date of activation
22/05/2011

Todays date
12/05/2013

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have requested 02 to unlacth two Iphone 6 Plus which have been settled.

It seems to me that 02 Customer Services is deliberately prolonging this.

Loyal 02 customer for a number of years and very disappointed.

Very poor service from 02 and does not encorage customer loyalty.

AA

Message 11 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
How long has this been delayed for?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for phone to be unlatched on 11/12/14. 

I need to give the phone as a present to my brother who lives in US. Useless prsent if you can't use phone.

Message 13 of 27

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you tried a non O2 network sim in since?
It is possible that any confirmation email may have been directed to spam or otherwise not received.
Out of interest, how did you request the unlock?
The most efficient process is listed here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you used the iPhone's on the O2 Network in order to latch their imei numbers to your account which is required before O2 will provide an Un Lock code.

I ask because you mention one is a present.
Message 15 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried EE sim and it is not recognised.

Whenever I contact Customer Service they seem to have prepared reply " it will be escalated".

Escalated to nothing.

Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
From your reply @Anonymous it sounds to meet like you are using Live Chat? If this is the case I would urge you to contact Customer Services by phone on 202 to resolve the issue.
Message 17 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , Unlatching codes for iphones take 72h, if not received they need to be escalated trough CS (202) via one of their managers and then in max 72h you should have the code.

I am concerned about something you said...That the phone is going to be a present...have you ever used it with your sim?

Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am concerned about something you said...That the phone is going to be a present...have you ever used it with your sim?

@Snap on the question  @Anonymous  😄

Could be a turning point to the Op's current troubles on Un-locking. 

Message 19 of 27

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Surely a reason for the delay has been communicated?
This would make troubleshooting so much easier......

Currently using:
Message 20 of 27