cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised £550 taken on 27.09.16 ----- still no refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey guys, You deducted £550 from my account on 27 September. I called 3 days later and received confirmation that this is your mistake & i was even told " this has happened to a few people". Ok 2 weeks go on & no money in my account, so i get in touch on 17th Oct , this time using a chat. I have the records of the refund due to be paid to me within 3 days. Now today i call again in the O2 shop and there is no record of the chat, even though the shop representative has a printed copy with the reference codes on it and discussed the details with your help line. You even question the shop worked on his length of service for you. I am now told again that it will take 7-10 days for the refund....... So, what is happening where you can steal over £500 from a customer's account, deny any refund has been agreed, criticise you own employees.. & still owe me money. this is disgraceful and needs resolving really urgently as it is classed as THEFT ! You need to get in touch with me as your customer assistants do not assist the customers and have been blatantly proved to lie...... A pointer to member of the public with any issues - use the chat and save the evidence as you will get told lies by the operators. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sorry but you are not addressing O2 on here.
Contact details and complaints link here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sorry but you are not addressing O2 on here.
Contact details and complaints link here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Could I just add to this, in situations of this nature definitely do not use live chat. They're not the best when it's relating to customer accounts queries and it's always advisable to call up 202 and speak to a CS agent.

I'm really sorry you're enduring this with 02, unfortunately when 02 screw up they often seem to do it in a most spectacular way 😞

Do let us know how things pan out though, and good luck.

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 taketh but not giveth back until they have received a little interest. 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would definately use the chat as there is downloadable written a record of all the agreements made. I just find it infuriating when i walk into the 02 shop with the conversation evidence and it can't be found by the 02 shop staff speaking to the 02 helpline while holding the 02 email showing the 02 conversation !!
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for confirming that I am not speaking to 02. I presumed that this was a help community for 02 customers by 02 as it was a direct link on the 02 site

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's a community site. We can help with general stuff but have no access to accounts.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood, I am just hopeful that this can serve as a warning for buyers to be aware that 02 do not take this sort of thing seriously.

To resolve this issue (as an aid on this community forum for others in my circumstances), I walked into Santander yesterday, showed them the correspondence, and they refunded the sum on the spot stating that "02 should never do a thing like that".

So, 1.Situation resolved by others, and 2.Dont rely on 02 to financially resolve their mistakes, go to your bank with the evidence of fraud

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Glad you managed to get it sorted slight_smile

With any luck o2 will refund you as well... 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Glad you fixed it but you shouldn't have had to.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10