cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Incominig call and Text message (disrupted service after new porting)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now been with O2 for 10 days and only got 1 day of full services. Since submitting my PAC for porting my old number from EE, I have had nothing short of a nightmare and seems no one at O2 is capable of sorting this out.

14th Aug 2016 - Bought new contract

16th Aug 2016 - Raised porting request form after receiving new phone delivery

17th Aug 2016 – Number ******* was successfully ported and I could be able to use all service incoming as well as outgoing.

18th Aug 2016 – Found issue that I am unable to receive call and text. Had chat with O2 Guru Service team, they did all basic troubleshooting steps and assured me to wait for 24 hours.

19th Aug 2016 – Again had chat with O2 Guru, after doing all troubleshooting with device test and alternative option suggested to go for new SIM swap

19th Aug 2016 – After doing SIM swap in afternoon, contacted O2 Guru now they advised that 48 hours of count will start now since I have activated new SIM

21st Aug 2016 – after completing 48 hours of new sim activation, raise case at 8:03 am (chat reference******). Guru assured me that Monday morning 22nd Aug services will be fine.

22nd Aug 2016 – had chat with O2 guru many times, no solution or update, as they said this has gone to back office and may take 72 hours.

23rd Aug 2016 – called 3 times and had chat as well. No solution, again new promise of 24 hours. Asked to cancel my contract and give me full refund and PAC code.

I am fed up of explaining my problem to different people. The only service I receive is data and outgoing calls. I cannot receive calls or texts or send texts. I have tried the sim in another phone, and get the same service ruling out the phone/settings/apps, also as it worked fine before.

For nearly 10 days I have been in contact on internet, phoned customer services and been in store and am still no further to resolving my issue. I am fed up of being told to wait 24 hours and reboot my phone. It seems all that is left for the people on online chat to do is ask me to call customer services. On call they say they can do nothing and for me to call customer services... when I call customer services it seems that all that happens is they pass the book. They say they have passed it on to back office team and cannot communicate or speak to them and to, yes, wait 24 hours! Who are this elusive back office team? I'm starting to doubt if they even exist. Customer services also say they are going to talk to relevant people and EMAIL me back, which they never do. It's a complete joke and im regretting ever thinking to join O2.

Who's fault is it I am still not receiving full service or am I merely being lied to again?

How can O2 not have someone working there that can look into a problem and fix it? This is a complete sham. I have no confidence of getting this sorted anywhere in the near future. Consumer watchdog maybe? I just don't know where to go from here. Maybe I'll just wait another 24 hours...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You have 14 days to cancel so invoke this right and get your pac then go elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You have 14 days to cancel so invoke this right and get your pac then go elsewhere.

Can I get PAC code with disrupted situation? One of O2 guru told that it can create worst situation as my number has not been working fine for incoming calls and text.

I am happy to cancel my contract and take PAC, only worry is that will I have same issue carry over to new provide

r?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

If the system is capable of generating your pac it should work fine.
O2 will eventually sort this out but it's likely to take some time.
It's up to you if you want to wait or not.
I'm guessing you have a split port so it will need o2 to request porting files from orange to try again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 had reprocessed port form yesterday and they said nothing was wrong. I asked to give PAC code but they are not giving because I bought contract from Retailer "Carphonewarehouse". and it is within 14 days.

I went to Carphone warehouse today and they denied to take responsibility of my existing number. They can cancel contract and refund money but not possible to retain existing number as they dont have control over number.

Now I am helpless, can not go anywhere? Any sort you technical experties from this forum would be appreciated?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We're all customers so cannot give technical help but I can tell you that legally o2 cannot refuse to give you PAC.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6