cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay my 3 monthly accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 I have been a loyal customer of yours since before you were O2; BT, I have stayed with you through name changes and takeovers, but the last four months has tested that to fullest. Crazy

Why!!! I hear you ask, you payment systems and the faults has meant much frustration. Your company claims that their is no fault, but is rather a fault with MY bank which is untrue.

But today has taken the biscuit, I phone your automated service trying to pay the bill; but failed again, to be put through to one of your service operators. Who in fairness tried twice to take a payment which failed AGAIN. He asked if I had another card; no I don't, then asked if I was sure I had the funds to cover the bill; yes I do, then stated the problem is with your bank failing to process the payment.

After talking with your service operator, I called my bank who checked the history on my account, not only have they NOT declined any payments, they haven't received any notifications from you; O2.

So your payment; both online and automated service, are broken. It has been a known fault on your online service for four months, even your store assistants know about it and they are as frustrated with it as I am.  I need you; O2, to get your engineers to look into the faults.  I tried to request that your operator to put in a notification while on the phone this morning.  He claimed he couldn't.

So I politely ask that you sort both out ASAP.  

POSTED ON FACEBOOK AND MESSAGED YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE ALSO
Message 1 of 358
357 REPLIES 357

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well the one I posted at the weekend where the manager refused to speak to me or escalate would be it.
Today I tried paying, waited for the inevitable decline notice and then went on my merry way as I really don't have time to repeat myself to people who won't listen or acknowledge it could be their own issue.
Btw I'm quite ill and it's sore making a voice call at present so you can understand why I didn't argue the case again today.
Also btw, my banks fraud and debit card team have confirmed that these declined transactions don't exist their end.
Message 51 of 358

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @viridis,

I'll talk to the team now.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 52 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable

Viridis......doesn't it drive you mad when you spend so much time simply to pay bills.  Direct debits aren't options for me currently so i rely on the online system.  I've been paying this way for years.  Why isn't O2 just admitting there's an issue?  We can't all have problems with our banks.

I'm hoping that when this is sorted, we'll get a rebate of some description.  Having to use an old pay as you go phone.

Message 53 of 358

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

By far the the most awful aspect of this payment catastrophe is the credit file defaults strewn about like confetti and the nightmare to get them removed. 

Message 54 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable
Credit file defaults is shocking. I think we are all going to have to take this further.
Message 55 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Credit file defaults is shocking. I think we are all going to have to take this further.

I think this has to be dealt with asap. It is ironic that they can't take payment but can issue default notices like confetti. Surely someone with half a brain would realise that the increase in defaults may be for some reason other than folk WONT pay. It should be ringing alarm bells as it has been going on for months (I am not interested in hearing these notices are generated automatically ). Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know for a fact this issue was reported to them last year so they do know what's going on. But the lack of customer service is shocking. It's as if they don't care. I'll be contacting the Ombudsman tomorrow and getting in touch with Watchdog and Money Savings expert websites. Just a suggestion to O2....send us paper bills instead of these ridiculous default notices so we can go into a bank and pay the old fashioned way till you get your act together. This is why i hate computers. When they go wrong, it makes a real mess of everything.
Message 57 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried calling 202 again and held in a queue for ages.  Had to go out so hung up. Text received warning me of disconnection this morning for my mobile phone and found one of the other devices has been mysteriously reconnected over night.  And apparently that account is now £61 in credit.  I have about £300 to pay on two devices.  Going to see if i can get the money together to pay those off so i can leave O2 for good.  I just don't have the time and energy to be doing this every month.  And the worry of having credit files ruined for this company's inability to sort their online system out is a bit much at the moment.  

Message 58 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ive got one payment of 29 quid to make but is proving impossible.
Message 59 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And why should anyone have to spend this time @Anonymous when it's all down to a system failure by O2...Appalling that it is still going on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 358