cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay my 3 monthly accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 I have been a loyal customer of yours since before you were O2; BT, I have stayed with you through name changes and takeovers, but the last four months has tested that to fullest. Crazy

Why!!! I hear you ask, you payment systems and the faults has meant much frustration. Your company claims that their is no fault, but is rather a fault with MY bank which is untrue.

But today has taken the biscuit, I phone your automated service trying to pay the bill; but failed again, to be put through to one of your service operators. Who in fairness tried twice to take a payment which failed AGAIN. He asked if I had another card; no I don't, then asked if I was sure I had the funds to cover the bill; yes I do, then stated the problem is with your bank failing to process the payment.

After talking with your service operator, I called my bank who checked the history on my account, not only have they NOT declined any payments, they haven't received any notifications from you; O2.

So your payment; both online and automated service, are broken. It has been a known fault on your online service for four months, even your store assistants know about it and they are as frustrated with it as I am.  I need you; O2, to get your engineers to look into the faults.  I tried to request that your operator to put in a notification while on the phone this morning.  He claimed he couldn't.

So I politely ask that you sort both out ASAP.  

POSTED ON FACEBOOK AND MESSAGED YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE ALSO
Message 1 of 358
357 REPLIES 357

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd be doing anything and everything to get that default removed too......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
But they don't acknowledge the payment problem do they...
Message 32 of 358

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
But they don't acknowledge the payment problem do they...

Orders from above maybe....

Message 33 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis Even more of an 'ironic joke' when people realise you are trying hard to pay a bill on a phone that they have damaged and has not been fully usable for the past month....Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 358

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

even if the problem was not o2s, if you clear the bill within 14 days of being issued a default notice, it cant be registered on your credit file, only the late payment(s) can. I work in a bank and know that one default can destroy a credit file. So someone that's forgot a £10 bill can be turned down for a mortgage. I still thinking defaults shouldn't be issued on credit file for anything under £100.00

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 35 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Oh dear oh dear.....
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=o2+payment
All these naughty people making it up...
Message 36 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Oh dear oh dear.....
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=o2+payment
All these naughty people making it up...

No surprise. It was only a matter of time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 358

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Still got their heads up their own backside and denying there's a real issue.

Message 38 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, i find i'm not alone in this.  It is crazy that in this IT age we can't pay our bills.  How long is this to go on for?  Calling 202 doesn't work, the call takers are blaming our banks which we all know isn't the case.  I've contacted the bank who assured me all is fine.  Amazing how i can pay for other services using the online system.

Some customers are unable to pay by direct debit for genuine reasons.  Automated payment systems are the most convenient.

I've sent a private message to Toby, put in a formal complaint, spoken four times to an online adviser and lost count of the amount of times i've called 202. It really shouldn't be this difficult.  I followed the advice of another forum member and paid everything using O2's bank account details but none of these payments are showing on my account.  And my devices are now service restricted.  

More info

Message 39 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure what else we can advise if honest @Anonymous I will mention @Toby again in the hope he has some more info on this ongoing issue. Appalling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 358