cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay my 3 monthly accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 I have been a loyal customer of yours since before you were O2; BT, I have stayed with you through name changes and takeovers, but the last four months has tested that to fullest. Crazy

Why!!! I hear you ask, you payment systems and the faults has meant much frustration. Your company claims that their is no fault, but is rather a fault with MY bank which is untrue.

But today has taken the biscuit, I phone your automated service trying to pay the bill; but failed again, to be put through to one of your service operators. Who in fairness tried twice to take a payment which failed AGAIN. He asked if I had another card; no I don't, then asked if I was sure I had the funds to cover the bill; yes I do, then stated the problem is with your bank failing to process the payment.

After talking with your service operator, I called my bank who checked the history on my account, not only have they NOT declined any payments, they haven't received any notifications from you; O2.

So your payment; both online and automated service, are broken. It has been a known fault on your online service for four months, even your store assistants know about it and they are as frustrated with it as I am.  I need you; O2, to get your engineers to look into the faults.  I tried to request that your operator to put in a notification while on the phone this morning.  He claimed he couldn't.

So I politely ask that you sort both out ASAP.  

POSTED ON FACEBOOK AND MESSAGED YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE ALSO
Message 1 of 358
357 REPLIES 357

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A miracle slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 121 of 358

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Praise be
For it haveth worketh
All praise to the Lords above.!!!

Blumming heck...a doubly good weekend for the young Lord...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 123 of 358

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
And the defaults @Toby ? It's really important that these are addressed and removed as a priority.

It has the potential to impact ppl, at one of the most important times of their lives. When applying for a mortgage a default will scupper you, and if it's applied in error or because of O2s glitches that's just not acceptable.

I'm guessing there'll be folk who don't even realise that they've had a default. This needs some serious investigating.
Message 124 of 358

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good to hear @viridis!

We appreciate the frustration this has caused for those who have faced with these billing issues, and would like to let you know that the particular issue we identified shouldn’t cause an issue again. We do offer a range of payment methods including Direct Debit which we always recommend to our customers and we also send frequent reminders via email, sms & call about any outstanding payments. In these instances we’d suggest looking at an one of the alternative payment methods to avoid any account issues. For any individual issues raised to our customer services, we’ll address these on an individual one-on-one basis

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 125 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is good to hear @Toby. Of course we always recommend contract users set up direct debits. It is supposed to be part of terms and conditions of every contract after all. That being so we have heard reasons why this isn't practical for some users (particularly those with multiple devices and variable salary dates) ...and bottom line is, if O2 provide a variety of ways to pay, they should all be fully functioning.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 126 of 358

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
DD's are set up by O2 when every contract starts. It's the customers (for their own reasons) that cancel them.
I agree that if a service is provided, it should work, but surely this is a lesson to anyone that a DD should be used.
Remember, that DD dates can be adjusted to suit salary dates too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 127 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
DD's are set up by O2 when every contract starts. It's the customers (for their own reasons) that cancel them.
I agree that if a service is provided, it should work, but surely this is a lesson to anyone that a DD should be used.

I agree totally. I never have an issue with my DD's ever. I was just showing both sides.

Also it may be worthwhile mentioning that O2 will allow customers to set up direct debits now...once they have cleared all outstanding amounts owing from previous failed payment methods?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 128 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
They just have actually just added a wallet feature to online payments.
You can now save your card and just enter the security code to pay.
And it works..
Message 129 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Apparently only bringing it forward, to push it back by 2 days, O2 will charge double device plan on your next bill, 

When you have 5 device plans, that's some sting.

Message 130 of 358