cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay my 3 monthly accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 I have been a loyal customer of yours since before you were O2; BT, I have stayed with you through name changes and takeovers, but the last four months has tested that to fullest. Crazy

Why!!! I hear you ask, you payment systems and the faults has meant much frustration. Your company claims that their is no fault, but is rather a fault with MY bank which is untrue.

But today has taken the biscuit, I phone your automated service trying to pay the bill; but failed again, to be put through to one of your service operators. Who in fairness tried twice to take a payment which failed AGAIN. He asked if I had another card; no I don't, then asked if I was sure I had the funds to cover the bill; yes I do, then stated the problem is with your bank failing to process the payment.

After talking with your service operator, I called my bank who checked the history on my account, not only have they NOT declined any payments, they haven't received any notifications from you; O2.

So your payment; both online and automated service, are broken. It has been a known fault on your online service for four months, even your store assistants know about it and they are as frustrated with it as I am.  I need you; O2, to get your engineers to look into the faults.  I tried to request that your operator to put in a notification while on the phone this morning.  He claimed he couldn't.

So I politely ask that you sort both out ASAP.  

POSTED ON FACEBOOK AND MESSAGED YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE ALSO
Message 1 of 358
357 REPLIES 357

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Toby. The phone has now been cut off. To be honest, i can't take the stress of all this anymore. I'm supposed to be taking things easy after my cancer op but this is really upsetting me. Two months is a very long time to be sorting an issue. Sorry Toby, i don't mean to be rude or ignorant.
Message 91 of 358

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Toby. The phone has now been cut off. To be honest, i can't take the stress of all this anymore. I'm supposed to be taking things easy after my cancer op but this is really upsetting me. Two months is a very long time to be sorting an issue. Sorry Toby, i don't mean to be rude or ignorant.

Understandable mate,  you don't need this.

Message 92 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
My account is now on hold and the payment issue is being investigated after a total of 5 cards all declined trying to pay this bill.
Finally got an operator to listen to the fact that the banks don't have any records of these payment requests.
It's all down to the new card handler o2''s end
Message 93 of 358

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the last thing you need  - I'm just sorry there is nothing we can do to help on top of what Toby is doing for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 94 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5. The only thing now is leave O2. This is a shame as i've been with them many years. But not being able to pay bills is just silly. No need for it. Toby has done his best i think. If he can't help then no one can.
Message 95 of 358

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Sadly I think you are correct - No one other than Toby "appears" to be taking notice of what must be many complaints....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 96 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Surely it's gotta be a large number by now.
Message 97 of 358

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

To be honest Toby is very limited to what he can actually do to help in this situation. The system is kaput,  o2 know it no matter the advisers stating otherwise. No amount of feedback can possibly help unless o2 admit the problem and take steps to fix it.  Over 3 months now and we seem to be at an impasse.  Once a forerunner in mobile technology, the company has gone to the (be more) dogs! 

Message 98 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why they are so reluctant to admit it i don't know. I think Toby has been the only one to try and help but he must have his limits. And it shouldn't just be down to him to help all of us. O2 must have more staff to deal with issues. I've just tried paying again using a brand new credit card and the same thing happened....payment failed....contact your bank!!! We all need old fashioned paper bills to be sent to us. Then at least we could pay.
Message 99 of 358

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

The system worked fine until they updated and made it better around 3 months ago. Common sense and the number of unpaid bills increasing by the thousands would surely make someone think maybe there is a problem? 

With the greatest respect to Toby,  what the hell can he do when the system is totally unfit for purpose? 

Message 100 of 358