cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up a direct debit to pay my phone bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

After numerous requests (demands?) from 02 to set up a direct debit to pay my bill I finally relented in August, or so I thought.

I altered the payment date to suit me (by a couple of days), recieved a confirmation text from 02, my bill was revised so all good!. 25th of August came and went but no payment was taken and the outstanding bill reminders started. Spoke to 02 on live chat who assured me the direct debit was set up and suggested that I call 202. Again was assured everything was in place but perhaps the arrangement was set up too late for August. That suggestion seemed reasonable.

Now in September and in the same situation has occurred.

Any ideas because I'm afraid contacting live chat and 202 does not appear to work. I should point out I have another two phones on my account which are paid from the same bank account by direct debit with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

202 is very busy at the moment but should work

Are all the mobiles linked to one my02 account?

Have you checked if they are seperate that in my02 you can see the payment method for the phone that is the issue ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So you already have a DD for 2 other devices? I would think it was easy enough to add a device to that existing system. If you are having problems, you should as said, contact CS on 202. Live chat are not particularly good at sorting out account issues so persevere with trying to speak to someone...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As customers here there is nothing we can do unfortunately.
You'll have to keep calling 202 until they sort it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live chat says it all

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just another thought that if you don't get any help from CS you could log a complaint
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help folks. Not impressed with the 202 service at all so I think it will have to be a letter.

cheers

Mike W

Message 8 of 8