cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble receiving calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a bit of a strange one and has been ongoing for a month or so.

I have a SIM free galaxy A3 on pay monthly sim only.

Some people when ringing me have to call several times before they can get through. My phone doesn't ring and they get the message unable to connect etc. 

This has been especially bad this morning with one person having to call 10 times before getting through. I tried calling him back and tried 3 or 4 times getting 3 beeps each time before the phone just hung up.

I have full signal and other times people call the call arrives first time no problem.

So I am thinking of popping into town later to do a sim swap in the first instance but does this sound like congestion on the mast? I suspect the 3 beeps when i tried to call out is I simply can't connect to the network this end - and I have never had that before today.

Does the fact i have a sim free and not an O2 branded phone mean that my handset is maybe missing some tweaks? Would flashing an O2 rom solve this?

Any input appreciated. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Shouldn't make any difference. Do you have tugo installed on any device? 

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have TuGo on my Tablet and phone but it is logged out on both

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Signal fault of some description either due to congestion or maintenance work, nothing else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Signal fault of some description either due to congestion or maintenance work, nothing else.

No apparent work being done - I do think congestion myself - but will I will pop into the O2 shop and get a new sim to rule that out.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Can't hurt....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something has cropped up, I will do it on my trot into town tomorrow.

Message 7 of 7