cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Pay & Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need data use only, for one month only, when in Greece. No calls or texts required.

o2 Travel Pay and Go rate is apparently £1.99 per day with a limit of 50MB per day.

However in requesting a SIM, I am given a choice, under “International Sim” of either 50MB at £10 per month or 100MB at £15.

How does this knit together with the £1.99 per day charge for up to 50MB.

I want to know the total cost to me of using 50MB per day for one month.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes of course but he asked for an overall cost for the month. If he uses wifi everyday then the cost is zero....

Message 21 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes of course but he asked for an overall cost for the month. If he uses wifi everyday then the cost is zero....

Which is what I thought.

Anyway you and I both go abroad a lot and as we also use Wifi most of the time we actually know the cost is never that high ....#just saying  Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 27

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Seasoned travellers...3 months in Thailand with local sim, TuGo and Mighty Text....total cost £8.00 per month for local sim with 4GB data....

Message 23 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

And putting WiFi in my apartment was the best investment ever....and my best mate in Spain running a bar with Wifi...makes life so much easier.

Blimey I can even watch my soaps via FilmOn on my laptop (sad I know).....but all home from home Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 27

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

And putting WiFi in my apartment was the best investment ever....and my best mate in Spain running a bar with Wifi...makes life so much easier.

Blimey I can even watch my soaps via FilmOn on my laptop (sad I know).....but all home from home Dance

It's sometimes the simple things in life that make us happy....

Message 25 of 27

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's £10.62 for the cheapest 30 day simplicity which will give you access to unlimited data at £1.99 a day on the days you choose to use it and also allow you to use Tugo for free over WiFi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's £10.62 for the cheapest 30 day simplicity which will give you access to unlimited data at £1.99 a day on the days you choose to use it and also allow you to use Tugo for free over WiFi.

Which is exactly the reason I wouldn't be going to the hassle of unlocking and using a local sim. There would be contacts to transfer.....all supposing you could actually get it unlocked before you travelled. Unless you tested the unlock before you went you would never be sure it had completed...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 27