cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topping up on the WEB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it after signing in to my 02 account and then going to top up my phone I am asked for my phone number and email. The web page I came from knows my name, my date of birth, what phone I have, the IMEI number. I have signed in using my email address. The phone number and email should default to the users details. Also while I am on my soap box why does the web site seem to change month by month?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It's so you can top up someone else's phone but I guess it should remember your defaults after the first time?
Have you got cookies enabled and auto complete turned on in your browser settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It's so you can top up someone else's phone but I guess it should remember your defaults after the first time?
Have you got cookies enabled and auto complete turned on in your browser settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe a security implementation

It's same if I move directly from the forum to My02. I have to log in again.

Edit : Wording correction.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

The normal website will time out if you have been signed in for a while. It's the same with My O2 when going from the community. Added security and also as @MI5 stated, you can top up other mobile numbers without signing in.

Message 4 of 4