Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 3: Ponderer
chunky

Top up amounts.

Hi,
Im on text and web.
Normally i top up by £15 a month.
Recently i topped up by £10 as i needed the credit to make a call.
What is the minimum amount you can top up on payg.
i.e .. can i now just top up by £5 ?
iphone 4 - Black - 16gb. Firmware : 5.0.1, with Siri.
iPod Touch 16gb - 1st Gen.
I want the next iPhone to exceed my expectations !
junglejuniorxx

Re: Top up amounts.

The minimum topup is ten pound>
have u ever thought of going on to simplicity you get unlimited texts, 500mg internet and 300 cross network minutes for £20
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
grahamflowers

or - for the same £15 you pay now you can get unlimited texts, 500mb web + 100 minutes. (on Simplicity). :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
chunky

Thank u for your replies.
I will change my tarrif to the £20 option as this seems to be better deal than the text web option.
Cheers.
iphone 4 - Black - 16gb. Firmware : 5.0.1, with Siri.
iPod Touch 16gb - 1st Gen.
I want the next iPhone to exceed my expectations !
prking

Just remember that Simplicity costs £15 (it takes your credit) while Text and Web doesn't take your credit.
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
scoobydee2uk

or - for the same £15 you pay now you can get unlimited texts, 500mb web + 100 minutes. (on Simplicity). :smileywink:

Can anyone tell me why I can't set my facebook status via a text on this tariff. Just switched from orange and I could use my free texts to send msgs to facebook.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
grahamflowers

Top up amounts.

Hi prking, probably a silly question, but regarding pay & go top-ups. I was on text & web, which took £10 per month from my balance, which I had to top-up by the anniversary date, I'm now on Simplicity pay & go, which I have to top-up by my anniversary date & they take the fee from my balance. So when you & others say Simplicity takes the money from your credit balance, what's the difference?? ie/ you top-up before a certain date & the money for your tariff is taken from your credit balance. Or am I missing something?? Thnx in advance for your usual excellent info. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

Text and Web (plus all the other non-simplicity tariffs) DON'T deduct anything from your balance. You get to keep all your credit.
Please use plain text.
grahamflowers

Top up amounts.

Sorry to labour the point prking, but I still don't see the difference. I had to pay £10/mnth (so I had to top-up to keep the £10 balance) for text & web. Now I'm on Simplicity pay & go, so I have to top-up & the money goes on my anniversary. Am I better off on Simplicity pay & go or not?? I get text + web + mins for the same price as text & web. Both tariffs require me to have the required balance, therefore I need to top-up £10/mnth to stay in credit. If I were to be on text & web, never top-up, keep £10 credit balance & stay within limits, I would never need to top-up again!! Or am I having a senior moment?? Thnx :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

I'm afraid you are, sorry.
On Text and Web, when it comes to your anniversary date. The O2 system looks at how much you have topped up since your last anniversary date and gives you a free allowance based on the total amount. Regardless of your current balance.
On Pay and Go Simplicity, when your anniversary date arrives, the cost of your tariff is deducted from your balance.
Basically, with a 'traditional' pay and go tariff you keep your credit whereas with Simplicity you don't.
Please use plain text.