cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up on 02 Website Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am new to this Board/02 forums

I have had a problem with using the 02 website to top up my mobile phone, I use my Nationwide Visa Debit card to top up £10 twice today, both times being declined, I got the 02 error page both times, I know there is no problems with my card as its been used before without any issues. I just hope the money doesnt get taken out my Nationwide account even though it was declined via the 02 website. Has anyone else had problems with this issue using the 02 website to Top Up? I suppose its off to the local corner shop for a voucher, but any advice would be most welcome, kind regards in the meantime you kind people.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Various ways to top up included in this link.

Not all work due to payment systems being unfit for purpose...but a few other way shown. Scroll down to Payg..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There are major problems with paying accounts and topping up at the moment.  I can only suggest you use a voucher or up via atm or the Nationwide app.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the heads up jonsie, musch appreciated, I think its a trip to the shops for a voucher.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yeah, if you do a quick search on the forum you will see the o2 payment system is broken, big time!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If the problems weren't so serious you would think Monty Python were involved! Disgraceful doesn't begin to cover it. Don't get me wrong,  I once worked for o2, thought they were the only decent network, recommended to family and friends.  Now I am very sad at their demise, much like I was proud to say I worked for The Royal Bank of Scotland. No such endorsements now for either company unfortunately. Times have changed but both companies have gone way, way downhill in recent years and are no longer names you feel proud to be associated with. 

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Various ways to top up included in this link.

Not all work due to payment systems being unfit for purpose...but a few other way shown. Scroll down to Payg..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6