cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to resolve signal issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved to O2 about 3 months ago however have been very disapointed with the coverage.

From the first day of having issues i logged into the Network Status where it stated "high service demand in the area. Hope to be resolved soon". 3 month's on and my patience is wearing thin. 2G coverage is fairly bearable however 3G is useless. I have tried a new handset and a new sim card but issue persists.

Whilst i accept the T's & C's that the network doesn't guarantee service everywhere, surely network issues such as high demand should be resolved within a suitable time frame? 3 months DEFINATELY isnt a suitable time frame.

Currently i have a handset advertised as a smartphone but cannot use any of the smartphone features. 

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Thank you wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 67

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm interested in how this ends. People have been successful in walking away from their contract albeit having to send the handset back. To a certain extent it will depend on how far you are willing to push it.

Message 42 of 67

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Push hard enough and that is the best outcome you can expect......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 67

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The idea is to make them realise you aren't going to give up and they may concede in the end but bearing in mind you do have 2G available I'm not too sure on their liability...

Message 44 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

So whilst waiting for my reply from the complaints team, i decided to ring my nearest O2 shop today and enquire if they knew anything about the network issues.

Basically i was told to look at the network status page online. After i told them i already had and logged a complaint, i was told "not to hold my breath"!!!

Message 45 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

So its now been 5 working days since i responded to the complaints team and i haven't recieved any response.

Personally i think this is very poor.

Message 46 of 67

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They can take 7-10 days on occasion but maybe fire off a reminder to them.

Message 47 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just recieved an email back and basically they have offered to end my contract if i send back my handset.

Whilst i appreciate this offer, i havent accepted yet as i would really like them to answer my questions regarding their legal obligations to adhere to a usable level of service and fix known issues. Despite asking 4 times now, it seems they are reluctant to answer how long they have to resolve these issues; i can only assume they dont wish to share this information as they are in breach of them?

When i get another update i shall let everyone know.

Message 48 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
I submit this will be dealt with differently by a person.

Personally id take up the offer , move Network and move on ~ that's my option.

Good luck with yours ~ I fear your avenue may be fruitless.
Message 49 of 67

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Probably the best offer you'll get and a fair one. I'm not sure of their legal obligations and I would think it isn't something they would divulge voluntarily if indeed there is one.

Message 50 of 67