cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to resolve signal issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved to O2 about 3 months ago however have been very disapointed with the coverage.

From the first day of having issues i logged into the Network Status where it stated "high service demand in the area. Hope to be resolved soon". 3 month's on and my patience is wearing thin. 2G coverage is fairly bearable however 3G is useless. I have tried a new handset and a new sim card but issue persists.

Whilst i accept the T's & C's that the network doesn't guarantee service everywhere, surely network issues such as high demand should be resolved within a suitable time frame? 3 months DEFINATELY isnt a suitable time frame.

Currently i have a handset advertised as a smartphone but cannot use any of the smartphone features. 

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

So its been 4 days without a response from my complaint......hopefully should get a response soon.

Message 31 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 32 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

So ive just recieved a response from my email.

O2 have been kind enough to add a £15 credit to my account for my frustrations however they have not answered any of my questions regarding their obligations to provide and maintain service.

Essentially they have told me they cannot guarantee 3G signal (despite it being available previously) and that they are continually improving the network. Their Network Status Checker has always shown strong 3G coverage but for the last 3 months has displayed "high service demand".

I have emailed back a response with my proposed outcome and i will update everyone with their response. I have highlighted a section of their T's & C's in my response, which i believe they are in breach of.

WATCH THIS SPACE!! Don't know

Message 33 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't fret we're all watching "this space". slight_smile
Message 34 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the online service checker is showing yellow and high service demand then this is a capacity issue and you may be in for a long wait. Where i live the local area has been yellow since last October and there is am upgrade due in the next 3 months.
Message 35 of 67

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I can guess where this will end up......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122770 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I can guess where this will end up......

Not to anyone's satisfaction I think....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats just it.....if they are aware of these capacity issues, surely they must have an obligation to rectify it within a certain time else it would be indefinate! Thoughful

Message 38 of 67

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'm sure I said earlier in the thread but my local mast has been the same since October 2013 so it would appear they feel they have zero obligation.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122770 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm sure I said earlier in the thread but my local mast has been the same since October 2013 so it would appear they feel they have zero obligation.....

Yes you did say that...here wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 67