cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three to buy O2 in the UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear O2,

A number of newspapers reported yesterday that Three is buying O2 in the UK. It would be much appreciated if you could confirm that the news reports about the acquisition are true and Hutchinson Whampoa (a.k.a. Three) is buying O2 and when the deal is expected to be completed.

Having been a very loyal customer to date and having joined O2 in 2005, I would advise O2 against any such action. In 2005, I moved from Three to O2 as a result of HORRENDOUS customer service, which customer service has NOT IMPROVED AT ALL since then (my in-laws only moved last month from Three for the same reason: absolutely atrocious customer service).

In case the deal goes ahead and Three do actually acquire O2, I wish to advise you that I will without hesitation leave O2 quicker than the speed of light and no re-assurance will convince me to stay. Furthermore, I guarantee you that anyone who is on either O2 or GiffGaff I know (including business customers) will follow suit.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Damian

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Three has a very good network - I for one can't wait for the O2 and Three networks to be merged, despite the OP's comments I for one will be staying exactly where I am.

Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
This was first discussed before Christmas, everyone should have heard about it by now. They're just waiting for regulatory approval, they won't heed to what you say just based on one customer.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the merger will bring
Message 12 of 31

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Just remember guys, not everyone here is as attentive to mobile news, so some may still be finding out slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
But it was MAJOR news.
Every channel ran the story of three buying O2 and Mr Ka-ching's Hutchinson oompah loompah paying mega bux.
Message 14 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Indeed, we are talking National news programmes and headlines in newspapers, not just tech sites.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 31

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It was hard to miss this as the story ran and ran, first BT and then Three. Bring it on....

Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous DO NOT speak on my behalf I for one wont be leaving "I guarantee you that"

Message 17 of 31

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous DO NOT speak on my behalf I for one wont be leaving "I guarantee you that"

Good point @Anonymous 

Message 18 of 31

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
To be fair he did say "everyone he knows will leave"
Message 19 of 31

viridis
  • 13532 Posts