O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
monica_langford

The all-rounder for iPhone

On my monthly extras I get billed £5.00 for The All Rounder for iPhone, as well as Unlimited Wi-Fi. Why do I need this?
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Beaufighter

Re: The all-rounder for iPhone

So that you can go online, receive emails, buy apps, use iTunes, send up to 20 picture messages without charge and generally operate your phone without adding £30 in data charges to your bill. The wifi isn't separate either, it's part of the all rounder bolt on. It's essential.
And you will find it's £6
Please use plain text.
mat_henry

What I don't understand is why one should have to pay extra for a standard facility and usage advertised for all smart phones? That's why people buy smart phones, isn't it? So why is it being treated like an extra? It seems like a hidden charge to make the  O2 tarrif look more competitive up front. Or am I wrong?

I have three other phones with another provider all using smart phone facilities. Two androids and an iPhone 3GS combined (£42 per month) cost less than one iPhone 4S (£45+) and with identical facilities. I cannot see where I am gaining with the 4S as I have the same usage terms. My daughter uses the 4S and I supose it could be faster than the others and she can use voice command...

Regards

"One father with an expensive daughter"

Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Howard1

It's basically access and usage of the data network, when you're not connected to your home wifi or other wifi. Internet on the go etc.

Please use plain text.
Pablo
Topics: 13
Kudos: 158
Solutions: 79

You can remove it and go without data usage, as you can with any other contract.

I used to work for O2. I don't any more.
Please use plain text.
asko

The All Rounder for iPhone - For almost 2 years I used to pay £37 per month for O2 service. And this October I received a £5 more bill for this "The All Rounder for iPhone" but I have no app and I didn't ask for it. How to get rid of this?

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

Do you have an iPhone? Or recently upgraded to one?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
dundeemark

i have just realised this myself , personally im getting a bit fed up since i went from a monthly contract to simplicity my bills have been almost as much as a monthly contract , all rounder i was never told about that when i signed up time for a wee word with offcom or whatever there called false advertising.
Please use plain text.
lin
Level 12: Nimble
lin

When you took out your contract the price quoted would have included the all rounder but it is listed separately on account, if you then change your phone to a blackberry or an android you can then just change the data bolt on to one for  that phone.  Each type of phone will need different data bolt on, something to do with the settings I think. 

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

Completely right:smileyhappy:

When you sign up the bolt on is included. However it's listed as a bolt on so you have the ability to change it to a higher/lower band if you need more/less data.

Ofcom wouldn't touch it sorry. There's no false advertising
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.