cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Chat Help System is Pathetic

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken to 4 people on the chat help system, and of those 4 people, only 1 has actually done what they said they would.

Really?

Twice in the last 3 days I have asked for my SIM to be activated, been promised it would be activated in the next 24 hours, and both times I am still left hanging.

I asked a consultant to change my billing date, and that hasn't happened, either.

I guess 25% success rate is something all providers should strive for.

I am sick of this service, and want to cancel my contract!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Live Chat aren't particularly helpful for account based issues though they should be able to activate a sim.

You would be better talking to someone in Customer Services. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You're preaching to the converted. You only have to search this forum to see that the regular contributors here never suggest using Live Chat. If you want to get positive results you need to call Customer Service using the phone numbers found here: http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you want to cancel your contract and you are on a Refresh contract, you would have to pay off the handset. You can then cancel the airtime portion with no penalty.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Call 202 it's free and you speak hopefully to someone who knows what they are doing. Live chat only for low level enquiries and when in desperate need. 

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been on the chat line for help and found that the person on the other end (Anumita) cannot understand correct English. I them ask to talk to someone but she carried on texting, so I then had to repeat the message and put the word TALK in capital letters. I then rang the 2202 number but all they want to do is sell you more of their products. I have been with British Telecom and o2 since mobiles first came out and have seen the service deteriorate over that time. So do not expect to much help from the chat line or 2202.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Never had a problem with 202 even on the rare occasion of being rerouted to an outsourced call centre but you can only speak as you find. 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ja, thanks guys - online help really is useless. 3rd time I am trying to get my debit order reinstated with no luck, having to pay manually just to make sure my phone stays on.

I cry tears.

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Online help stinks to be sure. Give them a call on 202 option 1 then zero straight away.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ja, thanks guys - online help really is useless. 3rd time I am trying to get my debit order reinstated with no luck, having to pay manually just to make sure my phone stays on.

I cry tears.

No need to contact CS.

Just fill this in and post it to the address given http://static.o2.co.uk/assets2/pdf/O2_DirectDebitMandate.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9