cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts that charge

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep getting texts that charge me how can I cap my pay monthly contract for the bill price only
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to go to http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ and search for the number sending you the texts. Then contact them and ask them to stop.
This is the only way to stop them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Are you sending texts with emoji's or pictures? They are considered as MMS messages and are chargeable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to go to http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ and search for the number sending you the texts. Then contact them and ask them to stop.
This is the only way to stop them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
See Adam's help thread here too http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Not sure whose interpretation of the OP's post is correct, @MI5? If it's mine, I have included your guide.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Perhaps @Anonymous can confirm?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot cap the monthly bill. You can use myo2 to keep track of your allowances 

Message 7 of 11

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm constantly astounded by posters who post a question and never seem to look back at at their thread for an answer. What is it that stops them responding to requests for more information? 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Fellwalker wrote:

I'm constantly astounded by posters who post a question and never seem to look back at at their thread for an answer. What is it that stops them responding to requests for more information? 

I second that @Fellwalker Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Fellwalker wrote:

I second that @Fellwalker Smiley Frustrated

I did wonder if they were negative stories created by competitors,  but then decided they were just frustrated users who didn't know how to follow a story,  nor how to find their own posts. Maybe they're just venting? Maybe the fact they don't respond is because they think no one cares.? 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 10 of 11