O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
twinklestar

Texting Spain

Hi am on Simplicity online15...I get 400 free texts 200 free minutes a mth.
My mum is going to Spain next week. When I text and phone her (she is on 02 as well) will it be taken from my FREE ALLOWANCE or will I be charged?
Thanks guys
It's good to talk if the price is right!
Please use plain text.
darrengf
Topics: 18
Kudos: 154
Solutions: 26

Texting Spain

If your mum has a uk number. (eg begins with 07) and has a uk sim card, like o2 uk. Then texting your mum is no different to when your texting in the uk and yes will be free from your allowence.

Even though your mum is leaving the country, she is still on the same phone number, so as per the system you are texting a uk phone.

It will only cost her to send and recevie phone calls, send sms and mms.

I hope she has a nice time out there.

If you need any more info, please ask

Hope this helps

This also may help, the last thread i updated with the same info

http://customerforum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7015
Please use plain text.
gavinwatson72

Texting Spain

watch out as i was told that the messages to spain would be taken from my allowance, but they are not!! i clearly remember being told that they would take (2 or 4) messages from my allowance for every international text message i sent to spain, but i have gone online and it looks like they are going to charge me separately for each international message, i am also on simplicity, if i call and get a clear answer i'll post it here...
Please use plain text.
twinklestar

Texting Spain

Thanks for the reply guys. Gavin let me know if you hear any different as am on the same contract as you..
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Anonymous

Texting Spain

If you have a Uk mobile and are texting or phoning a Uk mobile which is abroad then it WILL come out of your allowance as normal. You would only be charged if your texting or phoning an international number such as a Spanish mobile. All the Uk network agree that you may be texting/calling a Uk number but you might not know they are abroad so you should not have to face additional charges or face a penality. That person won't be charged for receiving a text but will be charged for recieving the call.

There is a bolt on available for pay monthly contracts, it's £5 per month and is called chosen country Spain. The bolt on entitles a reduced rate to call back to the Uk, from 35p per min to 25p per min and free of charge to recieve a call. For that person in Spain to text back to the Uk for each text they send it will deduct 4 texts from the allowance.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
darrengf
Topics: 18
Kudos: 154
Solutions: 26

Texting Spain

Just out of interest, Is your mum on Contract or PAYG ?

If she is on PAYG, She can still get the Special Discount for incoming calls in spain and calling from spain. But Text are still at 25p.

Let me know if you want more details.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
gavinwatson72

Texting Spain

i was talking about texting internationl numbers (spain in this case +34), but if you are texting another uk mobile which is abroad, then yes, it will come out of your allowance as normal. but i was told that it would count as 4 messages off my normal text allowance (to a spanish mobile)...
Please use plain text.
twinklestar

Texting Spain

Hi my mum is on 02 PAYGo....so then I can text her for FREE from my allowance guys?
Please use plain text.
twinklestar

Texting Spain

Sorry......... yes I shall be texting her UK 02 phone when she is in Spain...
Please use plain text.
The_Icon

Texting Spain

If you have a Uk mobile and are texting or phoning a Uk mobile which is abroad then it WILL come out of your allowance as normal. You would only be charged if your texting or phoning an international number such as a Spanish mobile. All the Uk network agree that you may be texting/calling a Uk number but you might not know they are abroad so you should not have to face additional charges or face a penality. That person won't be charged for receiving a text but will be charged for recieving the call.
There is a bolt on available for pay monthly contracts, it's £5 per month and is called chosen country Spain. The bolt on entitles a reduced rate to call back to the Uk, from 35p per min to 25p per min and free of charge to recieve a call. For that person in Spain to text back to the Uk for each text they send it will deduct 4 texts from the allowance.
Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
~

so am going to Greece next week, my fiancée can text me for free out of her usual free texts. i can receive them for free..

can i send them back out of my free texts or should i get a ITS Things added?
Please use plain text.