Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text retreval

trekjock1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to retreve a text that I've deleted to prove my case in a court of law.  I sent the text about 12 months ago but I'm not sure when it was deleted. 

I know that the police can use deleted texts in many cases so I assume that O2 have access to my past texts.

The questions I have are, how long does O2 keep these records and how can I get access to a specific text thread? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They are kept for approx 2 years but they will only give access if requested by the Police or a Solicitor.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They are kept for approx 2 years but they will only give access if requested by the Police or a Solicitor.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
What about Whatsapp , Telegram ... Can you retrieve those messages in these kind of cases?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
What about Whatsapp , Telegram ... Can you retrieve those messages in these kind of cases?

As far as whatsapp is concerned, they are all backed up automatically daily, so you should be able to receive those....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What phone do you have? Do you back up regularly. If so texts should be available.

I use sms+ to back up every call and text to Gmail. 

Message 5 of 5