cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible network

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got O2 last December thinking that this is one of the country's best network but over the six months to my disappointment I have found the network coverage as pathetic. I am in plymouth Devon. when this plan was sold to me they said they are going to 4G services from April but let alone 4G I am not even getting a proper 2G signal. I am really disappointed. I wish I shud have never changed from my last network provider who were far far better than O2. This phone is costing me a fortune and the irony is since people are not reaching me I am carrying another PAYG phone in me so that people can try and reach me on a different number.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gerry - I would argue people DON'T make enough of a fuss for expensive, under- delivering, over-promising services. Perhaps if more people did make a fuss about being taken for a ride and being given misinformation, bad advice and terrible customer service things would change quicker than they do.

I'm afraid the British way of not complaining should be left in those days that you allude too....no offence 🙂 

Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris1963 I like you most definitely will say if something is not right and yes I also agree it is the only way we see change.

It can be a fight. It can be a battle. But it is the right thing to do.
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my years as a Customer Service Manager I've always advocated on it's how one puts their issues forward.

If a person puts forward a reasonable argument and is clear on what they want from the company concerned then more often than not they try to accommodate.

Of course other circumstances come into play dependant on the situation.

Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gerry - I would argue people DON'T make enough of a fuss for expensive, under- delivering, over-promising services. Perhaps if more people did make a fuss about being taken for a ride and being given misinformation, bad advice and terrible customer service things would change quicker than they do.

I'm afraid the British way of not complaining should be left in those days that you allude too....no offence 🙂 

I did not suggest that we should not complain when there is something to complain about.  What I did say was that people complain in the wrong way, perhaps because it is so easy nowadays to let off steam via texts, emails and online chats, without ever meeting the person on the receiving end.  Ranting and raving and being absolutist ("O2 is the worst this that and the other") is not the way to get complaints sorted. Perhaps it is a failing in our educational system, or in the way we bring up our children, but so many people seem to think that complaining equates to fuss and bluster and blame.  In any interpersonal relationships there are ways and techniques to improve (not guarantee, but improve) one's chances of success. Complaining is an art and needs careful thought and planning, as does praising when things go well.  The moment a complainant becomes accusative ("making a fuss about being taken for a ride" as you put it), he/she may as well pack up and go home.  

Gerry

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
In my years as a Customer Service Manager I've always advocated on it's how one puts their issues forward.

If a person puts forward a reasonable argument and is clear on what they want from the company concerned then more often than not they try to accommodate.

@Anonymous You have said precisely what I meant in a much clearer and more succinct way - pity I had not taken time to read your message before responding.  Reasoned argument, not uncontrolled rage is the order of the day.
Gerry

Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

There is an unprecedented volume of posts lately with a recurring theme. I agree it needs addressing now, it's a big problem that isn't just going to go away.

If something needs addressing then who addresses it to whom?

Message 16 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Certainly not us customers. Only O2 can address this obviously. I'm a little sceptical about the planned roll out and the quoted one and a half million pounds spent every day. The network seems to be really suffering with congestion and if O2 want to remain at the forefront as a telecommunications company they need to do something now before people leave in droves.

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

To me it seems that since the roll out of the 4G service the 2G and 3G have gone down hill.  I have being with O2 now for over 8 years at the same address and sevice status all show ok but can hardly holdon to calls need to go outdoors and even then I drop calls. I have swaped sim cards the same with the wifes phone. I have spoken a number of times to CS and notthing gets done it seems to get worse as time goes on.  And no its not the way we speak to the companies as I am not a heavy user and dont get back home till after 19:00. I just give them a call and say the service seems to be bad they suggest all the usual switch off and on, swap sim I dont have a go at them I just do as they say and carry on with life as we are aware that no matter how much we scream notthing will get done as the only people that can influence the network upgrade are the chiefs that us as customers can never speak to.  Please dont get me wrong I am not having a dig at O2 just it seems that all big companies just have one thing in mind and that is make as much money as they can for as little outlay as they can get away with.  I have an EE mobile from the early Orange days and they are just as bad now, we unfortunatly just need to put up with it and they all know that so my advice is we stick with the devil we know, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Don't know

Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes as said on many posts it seems at this time Network Congestion is causing major headaches for some people across the Uk.

Message 19 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144366 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Same for many customers mate - Hopefully once all the network upgrades are complete it will get better for us.......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 24