cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible network

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got O2 last December thinking that this is one of the country's best network but over the six months to my disappointment I have found the network coverage as pathetic. I am in plymouth Devon. when this plan was sold to me they said they are going to 4G services from April but let alone 4G I am not even getting a proper 2G signal. I am really disappointed. I wish I shud have never changed from my last network provider who were far far better than O2. This phone is costing me a fortune and the irony is since people are not reaching me I am carrying another PAYG phone in me so that people can try and reach me on a different number.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
We always advise that people go with the network that gives best coverage and that people try with PAYG sim's before committing to a contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We always suggest to try out how a network performs in an area by trying out Payg SIM cards where you work, live and commute.

Coverage checkers give an indication only.

Network future plans come into force by 2017 which is a long way if for a person being affected by signal issues. 😞

Have you looked at using Tugo from O2 for contract customers.

Input your postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk to see if their is an issue. Congestion could be playing a part too.
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly he can't if he was sold a windows phone

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem. My signal is terrible. The local 02 guru showed me the area of coverage around my hometown, and guess what! It didn't cover my area. He told me by Spring this year the whole of the town would be covered. I'm still waiting!! How can a company such as O2, one of the big 3 UK mobile phone providers not cover the entire country let alone a small town. I don't buy these excuses. I've tried TUGO but started receiving unwanted phone calls and couldn't get to the app before losing the call, nightmare! So deleted that, but shouldn't have to use other methods just to get a good signal. Will definitely not be renewing my contract with 02, agree. Terrible service. When you buy a phone linked to a service provider THEY should advise customers of the signal quality in the area, not advise potential customers to test it out by buying a PAYG phone first!   

Message 5 of 24

keithwill838
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In my area the signal drops in and out,i was sitting with my Grandaughter we are both on O2 plans,i have a samsung S5 she has an iphone 4,i had no 3g at all and only 2 bars she had 3 bars and full 3g,so only she was able to connect,does this mean there is something wrong with samsung phones because this used to happen on my s2 and s3,makes you wonder why we pay so much for so little efficient service

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems from other posts popping up across the boards that maybe Congestion on masts is a possible issue.
Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Data transmission is a nationwide problem on O2 at the moment - They need to do something quickly before everyone leaves !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 24

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

There is an unprecedented volume of posts lately with a recurring theme. I agree it needs addressing now, it's a big problem that isn't just going to go away.

Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly off-topic so moderators please delete if desired.

In the days before mobile phones was there ever such a hue and cry about the availability of newspapers in some areas, or the availability of local wireless (remember those wonder machines) or even TV signals? The big downside of electronic communications is that it becomes far far too easy to complain, but to the wrong people in the wrong way at the wrong time.  I should know - I have done it numerous times.

I have also been at the receiving end of complaints (albeit in a completely differnet field) but I can tell you that CEOs or whatever they like to call themselves nowadays) don't give a fig.  They don't shake in their shoes at the thought of Joe from Halix or Mary from Morcambe sending in written complaint.

Gerry

Message 10 of 24